Decent homes and repairs. Best way to complain?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4223 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

(Re: local authority)

I`m confused about the decent homes standard. After searching for details on the web, it seems there is a conflict between the recommendation for a new kitchen; is it 20 years or 30?

The maximum limit seems to be 30 but even on the gov website it seems to say 20 in some places.

My kitchen is falling apart in places, they are saying that they will replace some units, missing drawers, taps, worktops and broken floor tiles. Of course they wont be able to match them up and I told them that I wasn`t happy and this was just a bodge up. We are disputing when the kitchen was last done but even on their figures it is 25 years, I think it`s more like 30 because they took over from another authority after boundary changes and my neighbours at the time I moved in told me when modernisation was done - they said early 80`s but I have to accept what the council are saying they have on their record.

The Manager seemed to be saying "is it worth doing this when it will all be replaced in another 5 years" but the surveyor wasn`t having any of it.

I am going to make a complaint because I havn`t got anything to lose by it but I just wondered if anyone had issues previously or knew anything I could put in my complaint that would help.

I think the work that they are going to do is daft when it will all be done under tenants choice in a few years and they don`t HAVE to wait for 30 years to replace a kitchen which is obviously not in a good state. Anyone had a kitchen replaced at less than 30 years?

I really resent paying the same rent as others in urban areas who seem to get things done first, it`s a fact that more homes in rural areas don`t meet good standards than homes in urban areas.

I have done the bathroom myself, paying for shower fitted and full tiling, I am a good tenant and I would have put a new kitchen in myself over the years if I could afford it.

Any comments appreciated.

Hi

This PDF may be of help its from Dept for Communities and Local Government:

Please look at Section 2 - Part 2.7 and 2.8

Also

Please look at Section 4 especially parts 4.1 to 4.6

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Thanks for that information. I think that one issue of disrepair does not breach the decent homes standard and because they are going to repair they are doing their bit. It just seems a waste of money to do that now and then rip it out and replace the lot in 2017.