Kingdom v M&S Storecard

kingdom
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6273 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sent Data Request letter to M&S on 05/10/06 with regards to my store card they replied on the 11/10/06 asking to seperate my request from other products that they offer i.e Personal Loan, Savings & Investment account etc, which I sent that straight back.

Did anyone find out wether they are able to charge for PPI as I don't think in the intial agreement I signed for that cover, they may have rang me and asked me wether I would like it but I know I would have said no thanks

Will keep you informed of progress

Hello everyone I'm a newbie to this forum, or any forum come to that, so be patient with me as I have alot of unanswered questions that I wish to find the truth about.

These include bank charges, what my rights are and how I can go about my business without getting ripped of by the banking system and others.:confused:

You need to ask them for a copy of your original agreement. They sent me mine with the SAR stuff as I'd included it in my request. Try phoning them back and asking them politely if they could include this without all the hassle of a formal CCA request, I suggest Debbie Hughes, Data Protection Representative, Customer Support, she couldn't be nicer! I even told her I was looking specifically at the PPI on my account. V helpful thumbs up for Debbie. Good luck.

Koko

Thanks Koko

The form I was sent asked me to *delete as appropriate which I sent back without deleting this section.

*I wish to apply for a copy of all personal information that is held relating to the above product, under the terms of the Data Protection Act and I have already provided a cheque for £10.00 made payable to Marks & Spencer Money.

Do you think this will include copy of the original agreement or do I have to write or telephone to clarify my situation that I would like a copy.

They also said that they provide the information at no charge and they are going to return the £10 cheque to me, is this something that we need to be careful about.

Regards

Kingdom

Hello everyone I'm a newbie to this forum, or any forum come to that, so be patient with me as I have alot of unanswered questions that I wish to find the truth about.

These include bank charges, what my rights are and how I can go about my business without getting ripped of by the banking system and others.:confused:

Bizarre isn't it! You would think "ALL the info you have on me" would automatically include the original agreement, but for some obscure reason it doesn't seem to! I'm sure someone with better legal knowledge than I will pop up to explain this one.

Try telephoning them and if you don't get any joy send them a request under the Consumer Credit Act 1974, there is a template in the library (I think).

No don't worry about them doing your SAR FOC, this has happened to other people and as long as you don't forget and try to claim it back at the court claim stage you'll be fine. You offered the payment as required under the DP Act, it's up to them whether or not they take it. I'm miffed now becase they cashed my cheque!

Koko

• 3 weeks later...

Just received phone call this morning asking me to ring them so we can come to some mutual agreement, have not received copy of CCA yet, they seem to being abit hasty.

Oooohhh I'm so jealous I would love a phone call like that! It sounds like they've maybe added PPI without your agreement or something equally sinister which will show up when you see your SAR info.

My first question would be "why are M&S so desperate to settle?"

My second question would be "how can I come to a mutual agreement without seeing the information they have obviously looked at and decided a mutual agreement is necessary, therefore I don't know why I'm agreeing to it?" OK you can phrase this one a lot better than that but you get the idea yes?

Update your thread when you've phoned them - if you suddenly go silent I'll assume you signed a confidentiality agreement.

Good luck. Koko

• 2 weeks later...

No copy of CCA received now in default, what's next do we have to wait another 30 days

• 3 weeks later...

Had agreement and now find that I did not sign for any PPI cover which they have charged me for the last five years.

Sending claim for money back plus interest what a cheek!

Does a document headed Application for Credit deem it a binding contract

M&S Money Saved by just checking the CCA.

Can you help please, i had an M & S card and would like to try to claim some thing back for all the interest they have put on and for the late charges, this card had been passed onto a collection agent and i keep telling them i am sorting it but would love to tell them i'm claiming every thing back.:confused:

statements requested 23rd Nov charged £5

statements arrived 28th Nov

sent first letter claiming £1264 on 7th Dec to halifax

halifax replied standard letter 13th Dec

second letter sent 22nd Dec :p

Halifax sent letter 22nd Dec offering £1087 full & final only £177 short of the full amount:eek:

Accepted the offer on 28th Dec on to the next one.......

• 3 months later...