!?!? ERM... read this?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6426 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i sent the letter asking for my charge and transaction history to halifax and got a response thru my door this morning which says that they are sending me copies of my statements but cant tell me about any manual intervention because they are under "no statutory obligation to record this information"... asking dumbass question but when my statements show up i go thru them all and count up all my charges i've had and thats the total i ask for back? how do i work out the interest on it too?

Guest bluecloud

All the "manual intervention" means is a real-life human being has applied charges to your account. It would be possible for a bank to justify a higher charge for such an intervention. By telling you that there are not any manual interventions, the bank has confirmed that all of your charges were applied automatically using a computer.

When you statements arrive, grab your highlighter and do some colouring-in. Charges before July/August 2003 were normally applied at the end of the month and are relatively easy to find. Charges since then were applied as quickly as 2 days from the date of "transgression".

Use the spreadsheets developed by Vampiress to calculate the charges as they have the somewhat useful function of calculating the interest you can add on when you file at court.

Hope this helps.

If they have no record they will be unable to justify the level of charges based on manual intervention, because they cannot demonstrate that they carried any out.

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received