financial ombudsman final decision

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4230 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi everyone.hope we can get some help here :)

i lodged a complaint with above back in 2011 with regard to extra charges and a balance that blemain claim is outstanding.

we had a secured loan on property over an 84 month period.we made payments every month but when i was made redundant we had to pay on a different date from the original one.blemain kept sending letters at £35 a time and this was a separate issue and they have now agreed to re credit these once ombudsman was involved. however they will not answer as to why there is a large sum outstanding on the loan when we have made all the payments.we now have a deadline to accept the final decision or lose blemains offer of charges refund.

i have emailed fos but they keep saying they cannot do anymore.

please can anybody help asap???

regards

mark

Not sure I can help much, it sounds tricky, but why not ask FOS to delay the deadline to give you more time to get answers before making a crucial decision without a full explanation from the firm. They will sometimes allow a delay, especially when their own procedures are so long drawn out.

If you do accept the FOS decision, that is an end to it...it becomes binding...end of story. If you do not accept it then at least you can continue the battle direct with the firm and/or take them to court.