style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4227 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi just a query regarding a claim that i was dealing with for my mum. We sent a SAR off to Barclays in May 2012 and originally she was sent a summary of all her dealings with the bank and whether it had ppi on it we replied by saying that she wanted a full sar which she then received.

I then helped her to fill in a FOS questionairre and a spreadsheet for one of the loans.

Loan 1 was 1996 for 3 years and then finished and then loan 2 was taken out 1 month after loan 1 finished should of run for 1 year was repaid early after 5 months.

Barclays have paid out on the loan 2 as the amount was only small and my mum has received the refund but we have encountered a problem with the Loan 1.

She was lucky to get statements going back to 1998 however the loan 1 started in 1996 and was over 3 years so we only have a third of the information regarding payments made each month from the statements barclays have sent us they have said they hold no info regarding loan 1 ppi are they fobbing us off.

Can an account be worked out from the figures i have here or is it game over as we have no paperwork to prove them wrong i suppose they dont want to pay out on older loans due to the amount of interest they have to pay on them.

Advice please TTS :-)

Hi

It isn't clear from your post above but what information/data have you got on loan 1 other than the statements you mention?

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Hi IMS thanks for the swift reply all we have is the account number and the dates of the loan confirmed by barclays but in the ppi column they have put u meaning unconfirmed but they put this down for loan 2 aswell.

My mum remembers taking out a loan as it was when she first moved into her current house it was to do home improvements as she has some cash off her mortgage as it was a cashback one so she was careful not to borrow to much because she was careful as she had not long got divorced.

I have the monthly payments on her statements that they sent her from feb 98 - oct 99 but that is it when she got her letter re loan 2 she phoned them up and the guy on the phone said oh its bad news as we do not have any details for loan 1 !!!

Can she go any further with this the amount she was paying roughly £70 per month x 36 comes to £2520 i have here the monthly payments and the monthly interest and i feel that barclays are being difficult cause they are setting a limit as to how far back they go.

TTS :roll:

Without the agreement or figures from it you can't be sure there was PPI on it (again, unless I have missed something).

As this loan was paid off so long ago they may not have data relating to it.

You won't be able to work out whether PPI was on the account from the limited information you mention above.

Have you tried to press further with regard to SAR data?

Sadly his may be a difficult one to resolve unless you can find any more data as regards the loan figures.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

My mum is pretty sure that there would of been ppi on this as she took it out in the branch and she paid off the loan and 1 month later took out loan 2 for only £900 to clear her overdraft and they put on £81 ppi we did not get copies of the loan agreements in her sar should you ?

Some lenders do provide copies of agreements and some don't. While the ICO suggests that it would be good practice to supply them, there is no requirement to do so.

Without figures from the agreement or confirmation from Barclays that there was PPI on the account (and indeed how much) then there is nothing to go on I'm afraid.

A CCA request won't get you the agreement either because the loan has been paid off.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

i do have a sheet here off barclays as part of the SAR request called consent audit details and there is a change of consent the same date as the loan 1 was taken out in 1996 it says consent activity code c and then marketing consent witheld and then product code 0075 barclayloan protected and then the buisness unit identifier number and select postal.

Is this any use ??

TTS :roll:

You need figures.

Maybe contact Barclays and see if they have further information on this.

As I say, without figures you are stuck.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

Who would i be best to contact as they have already sent her a letter saying they have no details i did write to the sar dept after she got this letter but they said they did not hold any details so i suppose i can take it no further for her.

Many Thanks for your advice IMS

TTS :-)

Well you could try the number on the letter and see if you can get anywhere with it that way. Give them a call and take the softly softly approach to see if you can coax any information out of them.

The thing is that of this approach yields something which has not been provided in the SAR then you know that the bank have misled you with their SAR response.

If you want to press the SAR issue you could ask them to provide the certificates of destruction of the data.

If no-one has any figures though then I fear there is not much else you can do.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions