Scottish Power Warrant of Entry

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4216 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I owe Scottish Power £1125.70 and have not been able to pay the bill.

I didn't hear from them for a while and to be honest forgot all about the debt.

I then received a letter saying they have a warrant of entry and are coming to fit a prepayment meter, whether I am home or not.

I called the company and paid them £25.70 and said I would try to get some more money together to which I was told they wanted half the debt or they would still use their warrant.

I live in a large apartment block and am not even sure where the meters are myself so I don't see them breaking down my door being much use as the meter is not even in there. I also rent and know that my landlord could kick us out if the locks are changed and the meter is installed.

I called them today to pay them £200-£250 and advise that I could make another payment of around £300 on the 7th November. But basically they refused to stop the meter being fitted unless I pay £550 today or tomorrow which I do not have.

Basically they have now advised me to be home on Thursday when they plan to visit, but won't give me a time. Both me and my fiance can't be present on the day they are coming as we are both in work, and all they can say to us is "it's in your best interests". Well obviously getting sacked from work for staying home to wait for them is hardly in my best interests is it.

Just wondered if there is any help out there. As we have offered a payment shouldn't they accept it?

Also as we live in a large block can they mess with the meters, we have 24 hour concierge and they would have to be let in by calling our apartment number.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

moved to the utils forum

scottish power are on here

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...