style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4225 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am a user of Virgin Media for my Broadband and have been reasonably pleased until ........ I get a problem.

Trying to get help / support is just something Virgin just don't envisage having to do I guess!

In the summer my broadband was down for approx 6 days.

I rang VirginMedia they say there is no problem - we'll have to send an engineer (must be local)

Next day Virgin recognise they have or had a problem and cancel the engineer but the problem still exists.

Eventually go thru same route an engineer is booked because there is now no local problem.

Next day Virgin recognise they have or had a problem and cancel the engineer but the problem still exists

"When each call finishes with "is there anything else we can help you with today.." you just feel like exploding!!

Eventually the broadband stared to work again!

Well I wrote to Virgin.

I receive a standard computer generated reply from Karen Ingham - we'll write to you within 2 weeks.

Several weeks later I write again - having had no reply whatsover. I also write to Sir Richard B .

Just another standard letter from Karen Ingham and nothing from Sir RB's office.

Eventually have another problem - I manage to get someone to resolve. I write to Virgin to thank them for the service received (via the UK call centre) and point out again that I have never received any reply to previous complaint.

Just another standard letter from Karen Ingham and nothing from Sir RB's office.

Last Friday someone range me, and did understand they had received letters, but could not understand why they hadn't replied - will look into.

Don't have any outstanding issue but would like Virgin to realise just how painful there support is and how annoying to a customer

As this has been ongoing for over 8 weeks you can take this to CISAS http://www.cisas.org.uk/

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Many thanks.

I may report this matter further.

In practice I have no outstanding issue but none the less appalled about how any organisation can treat its own customers in this manner - and apparently caring so little about their own behaviour.

The Virgin 'brand' has always traded so heavily on being so strong and customer focused and, of course, on Sir Richard Branson's, 'impeccable' standards. In this case both the organisation and Sir RB's own office fall way below any acceptable standards.

I agree, you have complained about how long it took for them to sort your issues, and have received no satisfactory response. I'd escalate this complaint with CISAS and leave them to get VM to apologies and compensate you for the time you were without service.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Thanks for your support.

I have just submitted to CISAS as suggested together with all my letters of complaint and 3 identical responses (i.e. we will be back to you in 2 weeks)

Edited by peterhw
spelling ion replaced with in