Full and final settlement IDEM Servicing old MBNA debt no CCA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3895 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

CRA not relevant as I live in Europe not the UK now, but have checked against my previous addresses and all clear. I have sent the letter you kindly referred me to first week in July, so I intend to cancel the DD due on 22nd August until such time as the correct paperwork is produced.

Thanks for your support, I want to be as honourable as I can be in dealing with this matter, a point not necessarily appreciated by the other side!

so you are not in the uk

ever returning?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 weeks later...

After a significant period of requesting, I have received from IDEM ostensibly my CCA this consists of the signature form with my name and address typed on it and two signature boxes one for additional cardholders and one for myself (both unsigned), together with a copy of the Terms & Conditions plus an IDEM statement showing payments to them since they were assigned the loan. Is this satisfactory in regard to satisfying a CCA request?. This is for a credit card taken out in 2005

It would seem to be a reconstituted agreement which does NOT need signatures, as you have been paying you have acknowledged liability.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Wooldra, Did the credit card company inform you that the debt was being passed to IDEM. Have you made Payments to IDEM. When was the last payment made to the credit card company or IDEM. I am not an expert but I do not believe that the documents given to you prove nothing, unless you have actually made payments to them and by doing so acknowledged the debt. When did you default on your credit card payments?

Mr Mastiff, the OP clearly states that a statement showing payments made has been supplied, dating from when the debt was ASSIGNED.

Please take care and read the posts carefully.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Well in that case I am properly buggered. The reason I have had dialogue with IDEM is because of their total disregard in how they treat their customers.

I also feel a personal compunction to 'bat' for the individuals who, to use and appropriate term are frightened by DCA's antics

When trying to make a F&F with these people, apparently the word 'YES' is unknown in the Solihull area!. I have supplied relevant I&E details but not on the official IDEM form that wants to know about your partners assets, the value of any motor car you own, plus any other asset you may have, plus the source of the repayment money etc.

I have settled other accounts in the past with the OC for LESS than these people want, and remember they bought my account with a tranche of others at a very advantageous price!.

All I want is a FAIR settlement, but FAIR does not seem to figure in their vocabulary.

They are part of the Paragon group , their annual accounts show that IDEM servicing contributed 27% of their bottom line profits.

If you goto the financial pages of the Stock Exchange you can see how many big funds hold Paragon stock, I wonder if they know (or care) how a large part of the profits they receive through their shareholdings are as a consequence of the nasty business of debt buying.

• 1 month later...

After much hard negotiation I finally settled with IDEM to get them off my back,

a month later they sent me the attached 'gem'.

Having read many posts on this site before, and knowing that this was defaulted back in 2006

when I entered an agreement with the OC for monthly payments,

this went on until IDEM acquired the debt in September 2012,

(I had received the Assigned to correspondence at the same time as a letter from the OC

saying the debt had been flogged to IDEM).

Two questions re the attached letter,

as I no longer live in the UK and have no UK address where do they think they are going to post details with the CRA's?.

Secondly how come they think the can resurrect the six year rule?,

my understanding is that it is six years from the date the OC defaulted it and this shower cannot restart it?

you need to PDF the attachment, cant read postage stamps.

if you were paying in 2012 it cant be SB'd

but as you are 'off our shores'

why are you even bothering to entertain them?

are you ever coming back?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

numerous threads on same debt merged

please keep to ONE THREAD for each debt.

dx

and they

quite frankly

most if not all of your debts are so old anyhow.

they don't show on your CRA file

most have no paperwork anyhow

& looking at your debts,

theres nowt anyone can do to you - even if you were in this country!!

from the info posted on your threads - let alone being as you are overseas,

i'm just seriously wondering why you are even bothering

to communicate ith these fleecers

cause that's what they are

you payment will go directly to their profit bin

then that funds the sending of 100'000's of more speculative letters

to other people that prob don't owe them anything either.

pers i'd be ignoring these debts now.

dx

and they

Attached the IDEM letter as a PDF, (hopefully readable!).

Regardless of every other point, the one that confuses me is IDEMS belief they can reset the clock on a debt defaulted by the OC in 2006.

The only thing that I can think of is they assigned it its own reference when they took on assignment

and called it a 'loan account' which it most definitely wasn't.

It is a standard letter. It is 6 years from the original default added by the OC. If this was in 2006, then it should not now be on your credit record. If it is, then you challenge them, using the ICO if necessary. Under Data Protection IDEM and the CRA's have a responsibility for the accuracy of the data.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

that £4000 will pay for a nice company dinner.

dx

and they