disciplinary issue

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4200 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Assisted blonde, I was initially concerned with the std as I had to assume she was the one who contracted it. I didn't want to confront her though until I was 100% I had the std which is why I got checked first (came back negative). I informed my partner the day after my test to let her know but haven't mentioned it within this post as I was seeking professional advice regarding the disciplinary rather than advice on morals.

I do understand your concerns though and hope this answers

I think this needs putting in perspective.

Most STI's are unpleasant but if treated easily cured and not serious what freaks most people out is the word SEX

If you get an STI either you or someone you have sex with have played around there is no getting around that. When I talk about STI's i am not talking about Hep, HIV or crabs as these all have other routes as well.

My point of view is...if you have multiple partners it becomes an occupational hazard and remember it does not have to be Bill Clintons definition of sexual relations to pass something on

Assisted blonde, I was initially concerned with the std as I had to assume she was the one who contracted it. I didn't want to confront her though until I was 100% I had the std which is why I got checked first (came back negative). I informed my partner the day after my test to let her know but haven't mentioned it within this post as I was seeking professional advice regarding the disciplinary rather than advice on morals.

I do understand your concerns though and hope this answers

Nick thank you for your frank explanation. I was a tad worried you were being walked all over , it must have been horrible to suspect your partner was cheating on you.

I take assisted blonds point about STI's can be serious if untreated which is why I think that all people who have multiple partners should have easy access to quick screening without judgement . It really is no big deal

• 3 weeks later...

Just to update. Following the 'fact finding meeting' its now been decided they will be taking things formally and will be heard by an external hearing panel...

Does anyone know if this is a good or bad sign?

From what I can gather yes I think so.

bit of background - There's another post which has been created within the dept as part of a project and she's aware I'm the only person with knowledge to do it. I asked to have a quick chat to find out more about the role and she said she first wanted to mention that "following the fact finding meeting she has decided to take formal action and that as she is a party involved she has referred it to be undertaken by an external review panel and that on the basis of their decision will obviously affect whether I'm considered for this role".

I might be reading between the lines but would that mean I could possibly be sacked (or her intention?)

I suspect that you are reading a bit too much into it.

If your record is clean and they are looking at gross misconduct there are all the ACAS rules to follow.

I can not remember if you said if you were in a Union or not.

More than likely they will have a policy of not promoting people with an active warning on their file, many companies do.

Hope all goes well for you

Sacking you for skiving for a day would be imho very unfair, maybe dock a days wages

Well I've been given a hearing date and an explanation around the process. There will be 2 panel members, management representation for the trust, and me. They will be giving statements, evidence and possibly calling witnesses and I have the opportunity to do the same.

This is why I'm reading into things, I've never been in anything like this. Is it normal for it to be so formal? Can u give any advice on what else I should do or can do to help my case?

Ok so you have details of the hearing. Does it say investigation or disciplinary?

Have you been informed of your rights to be accompanied (if it's a disciplinary)

Have you been told exactly what they will be investigating?

It really is a tad difficult to give good advice without all the facts,

All I really know is that you went on holiday without your GF, had symptoms of an STI and bunked a day off work to get it checked out, however you lied about the reason for bunking off work.

You have not been suspended but have been hauled over the coals by your boss and it is now going to a panel, but you are not quite sure what for

Is that about it in a nutshell?