help with littlewoods extra care advantage

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3902 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi, i am brand new to the site so im sorry if this post is in the worng place, but i hopeing that you helpful people could please help me!!! :)

i have been trying to get my dad to do the PPI claims things and he finally came round as a company rang him up

and he agreed for them to send him some forms. (although im not sure if he will go with them as they will take 33%)

,however i have looked at a littlewoods statement and seen hes been paying an 'extra care advantage'

which increases in price and decreses every statement and the earliset is 2009.

so my questions to you are:

1) can he claim it back as he doesnt know he agreed to it?

2) how does he get it back?

Thankyou in advance for your help

Terri.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi and welcome to CAG.

First thing is DO NOT USE A CLAIMS COMPANY they can do nothing for your father that he cannot do himself or between you.

Sometimes these claims companies are not as straight with you as they should be so what I would do is send them back their forms UNSIGNED with a covering letter saying that you do NOT wish for them to act for you in any way, shape or form. If you can, send it by some trackable method so you know they got it. Keep copies for yourself as well.

The reason I say this is that we have seen some claims companies trying to get a fee out of people when they have not been formally engaged to do work.

So to the reclaiming bit.....the process is quite simple but first, have you got ALL of the statements of account?

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

thankyou for your very quick reply :)

my dad at the moment does not know i have wrote on here (although he wont mind hes just at work) and hes a nightmare at trying to get any money back that hes owed anyways so really i have to do all the work at trying,i just dont really know where to being or even what to write on letters that i have heard he will need to write? :( but i dont think he will have EVERY statement, but i have seen a good few! does the EVERY statement make it better/easier to get money back?

my dad will more than likely NOT use this comany,it was just a good job i read the small print and reliased how much they actually take of you.

Terri.

Hi

The process is basically simple and we can help you with the letters etc.

The reason to have all of the statements is that we can help you prepare a spreadsheet which will show roughly what you should expect to receive back by way of refund. That way you know that they will not be pulling the wool over your eyes if and when they make an offer.

The basic principle is to prepare the spreadsheet and complete a fos consumer questionnaire (available from the fos website) and then send them to the lender with a brief covering letter. We can help you with all of this and it won't cost you or your dad a penny :-)

Probably best to have a word with your dad and suggest to him that it can all be done yourselves with our help and that will save him a packet.

If you and he are up for it then so are we!

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

If he bought goods from the catalogue, then he probably didn't realise breakdown insurance had been added on, especially if the catalogue account was an agent. If he bought on line, then he did agree to the insurance, you go through it a couple of time so can't really be done by accident.

yes me and dad will def be up for any of your help please! when my dad is back home at around 5ish i will let him know! what is an FOS?? and so what i need first really is his statements and then he needs to write a letter, is that right? doesnt take alot to confuse me :)

in reply to another member on here my dad would not have got it online as i dont even think we had a computer when my dad set up littlewoods :)

Terri.

fos = Financial Ombudsman Service.

First off, see what statements are available. If he has them all then great, we can move on.

If not, let us know how many/over what time period the statements are missing for.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

If he still huffs about it, tell him you will do it for 30%.

:lol:

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

OK these statements that he has given you...are they complete for the period you mention?

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

OK what I would do send them a Subject Access Request (SAR).

That will get you all the data they hold on the account.

The template for SAR is here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?552-Data-Protection

Cost is £10 and they will have 40 days to comply.

The data that comes back will help you with the claim figures.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

Send this request including the £10 fee to the address which your data holder has registered with the Data Protection Commissioner as the address of the Data Controller:-

Information Commissioners - Data Protection Public Register

(new address: Information Commissioners - Data Protection Public Register)

(the above part of the template letter).......= me very confused :) does this just mean the address for littlewoods????

also once iv done this hopefully with my dads help, can i get back to you if i still need help please?

:)

does this just mean the address for littlewoods????

Yep.

Of course you can come back here for help.....that's what we are here for :thumb:

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

I successfully reclaimed all the extra care advantage i had paid...almost £2000 in total over the years

I called them and asked them when i had agreed to it as i didnt recall, they sent me a form to fill in which was very simple. I explained that i had never agreed to it and it wasnt somethign i would buy over the phone anyway. They sent me a cheque very swiftly.

I checked all my statements and i got it all back. It was very simple and easy to do

Good luck:-)

my dad out the blue has just handed me a capital one letter,with a massive title on it saying HERES YOUR ANNUAL PAYMENT PROTECTION INSURANCE REVIEW.

He didnt know he had it with capital one either, any ideas/help on this aswell would be brilliant.

Thnakyou

Terri :)

If it were me I would send it to their registered office

Registered office: 1st Floor, Skyways House, Speke Road, Speke, Liverpool L70 1AB.

(Shop Direct Ltd).

Re post #20, do nothing on the phone...you are far better doing this all in wiriting.

As for Capital One the process of reclaiming is exactly the same as with the Littlewoods job.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

ok, i will give him this address aswell. would it be ok do you think to send it to the address i sad about? so the same template letter for capital one????

what happens when they send the info back to us,is there another letter to send stateing we want the PPI money back?

Thankyou :)

Same SAR to Cap 1.

I would send to registered office by recorded (or other trackable method) so that you know when they get it.

When they send the information back you follow what has been said in post #4.

You can't rush this....step by step is the way to go.

In the meantime have a read around other threads in the PPI forum to get up to speed about reclaiming PPI.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

hello, just an update (sort of) but my dad hasnt printed letter out yet for littlewoods that will get done tomorrow when hes at work but just woundering could he ring capital one for his statements and info they have on him, and get them to send it out to him that way?