notice periods

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4241 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi,

i want to leave my current employer with less notice period theyn contract states. i have been very open and asked to work with them to come to a mutual agreement but they are digging thier heels in. what can i can?

At the end of the day, there would not be much that they could do IF you left earlier than your notice period allowed, UNLESS your absence caused them a loss. Therefore, if you left and they had to hire a Temp for the rest of your notice, or if your absence caused a direct loss to the business, then the employer could sue for damages caused by breach of contract. If this wasn't the case, then there would be no legal avenue open to them, however any reference given in the future could be skewed by leaving without notice.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

how much notice do you have to give/how much notice do you want to give? do you have enough holiday to cover the difference. If the reference is not important to you and the industry you are in will not incur a great loss by your leaving (so they wont sue you) then leave, but it is always better to go on good terms because you never know what will happen in the future.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

hi all, I gave my notice and they are not allowing me to leave any earlier. i dont really understand why they are digging thier heels in how would me staying benefit them?! i have asked to take my holiday instead of being paid and i was told i would then need to extend my notice period even further and unable to take any unpaid leave. is this right? also 1 month would you say this was caldener month or 4 weeks?