trancyb vs Barclaycard - probably **WON** with Compound Int't

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3901 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Trancy.

They've asked for an adjournment if the Strike Out Appl'n is unsuccessful. Can you confirm why they want an adjournment.

In their N244, they've tried to cover all bases - Strike Out as an abuse of process; and on the basis of no cause of action; and 'cos you're unlikely to succeed; and if all else fails they want the adjournment.

The previous Directions were the normal Draft Directions that we use except the judge did NOT order that the defence be Struck Out if it's not submitted 14 days after your bundle went in. However, the Directions did say that all evidence on which the bank will rely should be included in the bundle.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Slick

They have requested adjournment on the basis that,

A) It is consistent with the overriding objective to allow the parties to continue with settlement negotiations, and

B) It is not proportionate for the defendant to prepare a full accounting report on how charges are calculated prior to a hearing of a low value claim in which we have offered full redress, accordingly the defendant would need additional time to prepare such a report.

I've asked for some additional input from Site Team which I hope will be forthcoming.

:-)

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Keep going Trancy, your an inspiration to me, I have this evening received an email from BC including their defence for my two cases, so it has been interesting to see how you case has developed. I did not receive an offer letter, but I imagine that this is because all my charges were older than 6 years. As you would expect they has used the statute barred arguement in their defence.

• 2 weeks later...

Oooo trancy I admire your tenacity in this!!!! My claim is for nothing like your figures but I have been nice and understanding but now I'm annoyed. They don't want to see me annoyed!!

Commenting mainly so that I get notifications on this thread.....

Good Luck :-) xx

• 1 month later...

Just to put an end to this story, I was in touch with TrancyB during the stage where he was negotiating with Barclays Litigation to reach a settlement.

Full Court Bundles were prepared and submitted in accordance with the court's Directions.

Then it all went very quiet !!

All I can assume is that TrancyB reached an acceptable settlement with BC which would have included the compound interest claimed and probably DN removal. However, if Trancy agreed to a Confidentiality Clause, he would not be able to confirm the existence of, or terms regarding, settlement.

This should be taken as encouragement to those seeking the return of their charges with restitutionary interest.

:-)

Glad it all went well and that B/C are still getting knocked about a little.

Good Job :)

Santander PPI X 2 **WON** claims on behalf of son (Oct 2010/ Mar 2011)

Citicard O/H (PPI) - **WON** Compound Interest Dec 2011

Citicard O/H (Charges) Bailiffs sent in August 2012

Barclaycard - **WON** Compound Interest Oct 2011

Monument - account information being sought for OH

Citicard - self - N1 submitted August 2012

Barclaycard - self - **WON** damages for non disclosure/information now rec'd. Aug 2012

Barclaycard - relation - Failed SAR sent 29/09/11

Halifax SAR sent 18/08/2011 for relation

LTSB - SAR sent 09/08/2011 for friend

Regarding Slick's post above, I cannot really add any further comments for reasons that I cannot go into.

However, I am very grateful to CAG for the help and support received and I am now a very happy bunny.

Regarding Slick's post above, I cannot really add any further comments for reasons that I cannot go into.

However, I am very grateful to CAG for the help and support received and I am now a very happy bunny.

This is very good news :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D