Setting aside a satisfied CCJ

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4234 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thinking about my debts,as I do constantly, I'm wondering if there would be any point in me trying to get a satisfied CCJ set aside on the basis that it was applied for in 2009 by which time I had been a resident of Spain for six years.

The debt was one of many that my husband ran up unbeknown to me. I only found out about some of these when I managed to get a credit report earlier this year.

The CCJ was showing on my file. It had already been settled by my husband and showed as settled on his file, but not on mine. He then wrote to the court and on an application to the trust online this week, I can now see that it shows as settled. However it is going to be on my file for another five years and I would like it removed if possible.

If I did ask for it to be set aside, would this alert any debt collectors to my whereabouts?

We also have two joint, defaulted debts with First Direct (now sold to Mkd Llp) which I had no knowledge of. I don't wish to contest these as they will hopefully become statute barred in two years, but again I had no contact about the debts despite First Direct knowing I had moved to Spain years earlier.

At the time my husband had a UK address and I'm guessing that all correspondence went there. However First Direct knew I was living here and had previously telephoned me here on my Spanish land-line which they had, although never about the accounts being in arrears. Surely they should have contacted me before issuing defaults?

Even if you could get the CCJ set aside, which I doubt it is aan important piece of public information, it will however be removed from credit files in 2015 if the judgement was reorded in 2009.

As to the other accounts if the DCAs want to find you believe me they can and will, there DCAs who make a speciality of tracing debtors where ever they are.

No doubt default notices were sent to the UK addresss as the last known residence.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

If you're living in Spain why are you worried about your UK credit file? It has no bearing whatsoever abroad.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Thanks for the replies. It is good to know it will come off in 2015. I thought it was six years from settlement date, so I'm very glad to be wrong.

I'm worried about my UK file as I would like to move back.

Any defaults as well as CCJs fall off your UK credit file after six years.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT