bought second hand car

DOUBLE_TROUBLE
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4251 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi there,

i have bought a second hand car from a private Car Trader and i didn't get V5C along with it.i have paid him in cheque for the car and applied for V5C at local DVLA but dvla said it would take 4-6 weeks before they can issue me a new V5c on my name.

but i am not sure if the person who own this vehicle (who sold it to trander) refuse to accept change then what option i will have to recover my money or keep the vehicle.

i also spoke to big name Garage and they have confirmed me that trader is trustworthy and they can produce an invoice which shows they sold this vehicle to private trader.

sorry if i have created any confusion here.

thanks and i appreciate your feeedback on this matter.

You should not have been given the V5C, only the green 'New Keeper' slip.

The you and the seller should have completed parts 6 & 8 on page 2 of the V5C, the seller then sends that to DVLA who then send you your V5C.

The seller should have completed the green V5C/2 New Keeper Supplement and given that to you.

Edited by Raykay

he there, sorry for confusion, actually, Private trader who sold the car to me didn't get V5C from original seller, so private trader didn't give me any Part of V5c, but he gave me invoice of his VAT registered company and i paid him in cheque. so have covered my back in case any issue with V5C arise, i have filled out V62 so have to wait for it 4-6 weeks.

The V5C is missing, car is Moted till Dec 2012 and taxed till may 2013. I am hoping that V5c will arrive by end of NOV2012 if not than can i still Mot my car without Mot certificate and V5C. i know for Tax i need V5C and it will arrive by May 2013. i have done HPI on two seperate companies- Mycarcheck & CarcheckUK, both of them came clean and VIN matches with DVLA database as per those check. Do you think i could end losing my money here or any kind of legal problem?thanks raydetinu.