Anglian windows - cancellation question

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4261 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Hopefully a simple question! Yesterday I invited a guy round from Anglian to quote for a new front door. After three hours of pressure I agreed to buy one from then, putting down a £200 deposit. I can see that under the doorstep selling regulations I should be able to cancel within 7 days and get all my money back (the right to cancel is written under the contract terms). However, I'm worried by the following clause in the contract:

9. If the purchaser cancels the contract otherwise than in accordance with these terms and conditions, the company reserves the right to charge the following, which represent the losses and expenses incurred by the company prior to cancellation:

(i) 25% of the total contract price where the purchaser cancels prior to commencement of the survey.

(ii) ...

Am I liable to pay costs to the company if I cancel within the 7 day period?

Many thanks for you help,

Neill

No

7 days to get all your deposit back.

If you cancel after 7 days but before survey then that is when the other bit kicks in.

Get your cancellation in to them by phone and immediate backup in writing. If you can, record any calls.