Vodafone Credit Default - can anyone help???

Hace11
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4246 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ref Account: xxxxx (Now Closed)

Please can you help me? I wrote to Vodafone about 10 months ago regarding a default on my account but had a letter return saying the default can not be removed.

In closing the account in 2010 I had a final payment to make of £106.21 the bill being sent on 17th Sept 2010.

I then received a notice of default on 21st Sept 2010 stating I had 14 days to pay the full amount or the matter would be taken further. This payment was made by myself to Vodafone on 28th Sept 2010 (within the 14 day period) but unfortunately I used a Vodafone account number that was already listed in my Internet Banking Payments page through HSBC from previous payments, listed as Vodafone Corp.

I found out after that the account numbers had changed in which to make payment but HSBC had not updated them.

At the time I did not know that this was incorrect and this payment left my account but was never recognised by yourselves, it must be still there somewhere in the system.

As a result the correct department never received the payment and passed the matter onto a debt collection agency.

As soon as I received notification that the payment had gone to the wrong account

I phoned Vodafone and explained what had happened and the lady on the other end told me not to worry as she would look into where the payment had gone and move it accordingly. After 2 months of further letters from the debt collection agency and numerous phone calls between myself and Vodafone I was told I would have to pay the amount again and reclaim the extra payment back at a later date, and that would resolve the issue, so I made a second payment of £106.21 on the 23rd Nov 2010 to Fredrickson International but have never claimed the 1st payment back.

I have since tried to take out a new mortgage and been refused due to my credit score so looked into it and noticed on my credit report that I now have a default payment against the account for this misunderstanding and in the current climate is really harming my chances of getting credit for the next 6 years.

I was told that I can apply to have this overturned as I did originally make the payment on time and in full and have since paid the full amount again and so have paid twice.

Is it possible for someone to look into overturning the default mark on my credit score please and get back to me as soon as possible so I may resurrect my mortgage application.

I hope to come back to Vodafone in the future and hope that this matter can be resolved as quickly as possible.

If there is any further information you would like me to provide please don’t hesitate to ask, I have all letters from Vodafone and Fredrickson Int. plus bank statements showing payment in full and within the 14 day period.Thankyou for any help

Edited by ims21

Hi

I have formatted your post for easier reading and removed personal identifiers.

There is a Vodafone rep on this site...you can use this method to get him on board

Hi CAG members,

We thought it would be nice to introduce ourselves and to assure you all that our presence on CAG is with the very best of intentions.

vodafone UK has recently introduced a dedicated Web Relations Team which is keen to seek out customers who’re having difficulties with their accounts and feel that they have no other place to turn to than CAG and other consumer forums and blogs.

Naturally, it’s not possible for us to help directly with account specific queries on CAG and as such we would encourage those members who feel we can help them to contact us privately at customer.care@help.vodafo ne.co.uk quoting ‘WRT135 – CAG Forum’ in the subject line to ensure that it reaches the Web Relations Team.

When emailing us we would also ask that you either provide us with a link to your post or thread – if you’ve posted in another member’s thread please also provide your CAG username so that we can check what your query is.

When you have done this you will receive a reference number back. Please post that reference number in this forum and Lee the Voda rep will pick it up and may be able to help you.

• Haha 1

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Hi Hace11,

Thanks for making me aware of this and for following the advice provided by ims.

Having checked our emails I can confirm that I've received yours and so rest assured that I'll get in touch with you as soon as I can.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Thanks Lee,I can provide scanned copies of my bank statement showing payment to Vodafone Corp within the time frame if required?Also I can provide the letter from Vodafone asking for the payment with the date on.If you need any of these or anything else please do not hesitate to let me know.Hace11

Hi Hace11,

Thanks for coming back to me.

I will probably need the bank statement showing the initial payment you tried to make in order to get this investigated further. As such, please keep this safe.

As of yet I've been unable to locate the account in question and so to assist me further could you reply to my email from yesterday as soon as possible?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK