weird and scarey

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4254 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

in the early hours I was checking old 8mm tapes from my old cam corder....then I heard strange rasping noises from my side gate so I went out the front to check that all was well and then I heard the scurry and light bump and banging as whatever it was that took exception to my gate being locked and SOLIDLY locked legging it up the gaarden when it heard me kick the gate to make sure it was tight shut "bluddy cat I thought" I then heard even more rasping and of a much much heavier clawing noise from down the end of my 70 foot garden and maybe over two gardens to the left of my house so I flipped a few pebbles in the general direction of the noise and it made no difference to whatever it was that was clawing the fence two houses over. I was out the back with my elder son just now to drop the gazeebo and then I looked down the side passage to my house to the gate and i noticed quite a few large lumps of the bottom of the gate had been bitten or clawed off....:jaw:....a rat perhaps ...no way due to the gate is about 4 inchecs off the concrete path so it has to be something much much bigger....went down to the bottom of the garden to see if there were any tracks or claw marks on the 6 foot fence but nothing but with what I heard last night and in the ealry hours it was very very scarey just thinking back to that loud clawing and sniffing snuffling noise and I doubt it would be a badger due to how would it climb the fence......I hope the Essex Lion was a fib or is the beast of Essex on the prowl again due to we live a 3/4 of a mile up from the roman river and there were sighting there some time ago too.......eeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwww...I kid you not

Why not set the camcorder up against the fence tonight to see if you can record anything, you never know what you might get.

My godmother has some very large foxes which visit her garden at night and leave large packages on her lawn, they also tried to attack her hanging basket which holds clothespegs as it looks like a cat hanging from the washing line...

plenty of them walking about up here as it is ...the human veriety....It was distinctive the clawing at the rear garden it was like it was just ripping appart anything that it could find and there are some hefty boxes over there from the garage workshop leaves in the skip and I'm just glad i went around the front of my gate to check it out and not down the side passage....I was telling my elder son about it at tea time and now it's home made cherry pie and ice cream time:smile: it's flipping yummy I can tell you....someone's going to get a really good cook when she eventually gets me............nat much cop at owt else now though :violin:

mmmm cherry pie

I bought two lbs of them and 1/2 lb or grapes for just a quid yesterday at the boot sale so had to make a move on them or else they wont get used ....the pie was ultra yummie D/L :-D

My late mum had some of the bestest rhubarb ever but it went to pot when she passed away....if I get some I'll mail it yuh ha ha

tell you something ...i knew someone who'd neaver even heard of greengages let alone taste one......yum yum I used to like victorias plum but she used to smack me when i went to grab it :lol:

Many years ago a couple of American friends had rented a house in Wimbledon for the summer, and asked us about the weeds in the garden. We went round and discovered the most magnificent rhubarb crop ever seen, one of the early Victorian varieties, they were totally convinced we were winding them up (one was from Nevada and one was from Arizona so neither were natural gardeners). Made a lovely crumble.

I did spiced apples recently from the apples on my dad's tree, alll you do with that is put the apples cored and quartered (you can leave the skins on) into a slow cooker with a load of sugar, leave it and it goes a bit liquid, add some mixed spice, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves (I don't like cloves with apples much so left them out) and cook overnight. Leave the lid off for an hour before serving. These can also be put into jars for preserving.

• 2 weeks later...

having spoken to my imediate neighbour today "about the early arrivale of the bin men last friday ....cought hundreds of us out he then asked if I had heard anything suspicious last week like someone smashing through his and the other neighbour to his left....new 6 foot high fence due to someone or something has smashed through it and covered his lawn in splinters of wood from the fence and had left a hole in it about 2 feet by 2 feet so I told him what had happened down my side path and my gate having had big pieces of wood clawed or ripped off it so we're still none the wiser of what the hell it was that did this.....the twiglet zone is here peeps

Rhubard is my absolute weakness! If you ever........let me know LOL

I absolutely love rhubarb crumble ..mmmmm - must get some this weekend......

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

me too, all my 3 boys are with me this weekend, it doesn't happen very often (1 at Uni, 1 at college, 1 here) so a great excuse to make one :happy:

Yes Yes, I'm weird. I tried being normal once, was the most boring 5 minutes of my life!:madgrin:

Sure it's not someone with a crowbar?

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

lol you'd have thought it mate if you had heard it and made even worse by the time of day it occured I didnt stick around long just incase it doubled back but it obviously found it easier breaking through that fence rather than my T&G ledged and braced side gate