capquest letter after cca request on old AMEX debt

edmurph13
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4259 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi wonder if anyone can help.

Got a letter from Capquest dated 21/07/12 re debt purchased from American Express ;

Letter of claim under the Practice Direction - Pre Action Conduct.

Under advice gleaned from this website I sent a CCA Request dated 30/07/12 and the £1 postal order.

Then got letter from them 01/08/12 stating account on hold for 28 days whilst they obtain the information I requested

and asking if I have any proof of payments or correspondence to forward them to their Collections Administration Dept.

I did not send them any information as I haven't got any and didn't see why I should make their job any easier.

I think I then got another letter stating they were still trying to get the information from American Express and account still on hold

- not sure as I think I got rid of this letter by mistake).

Then got letter dated 20/09/12 stating " we are now in receipt of the copy document you requested from our client. I

n accordance with Data protection Act 1988, we require you to contact us as soon as possible on XXXX XXX XXXX to confirm important security information.

We will be unable to send you the above document until you have done this". I

believe they are stalling again and just want to pressurise me if I call them

- which I have no intention of doing.

What is my next move

- do I just ignore them or is there some other advice anyone can give me.

Cheers

Ed

luv it

crappyquest cannot demand payment from you unless you hang yourself, by going through this so called security, you will acknowledge the debt, they got you

send them this

i make no acknowledgement on this alleged account to you or any other company

“I have taken legal advice on this, and also from the Consumer Advice line of Trading Standards. I cannot be of any further assistance, or provide any further personal information about me, unless and until your organisation provides me with documentary evidence that I actually owe you any money.

“If you continue to pursue this matter without providing documentary evidence to me, then my local police station has advised me to contact them again so that they may pursue this matter. You surely understand that you cannot just claim an individual owes your organisation money in the absence of any evidence.

“I trust this makes my position perfectly clear.”

Cheers Learnerlitigator

good advice and no way on earth am I phoning them.

Will wait and see if anyone posts anything else as I'm hoping that they're bluffing and haven't got the info required under the CCA Request

or even if they have then it is unenforceable for whatever reason.

Otherwise they would have sent me a much strongly worded letter saying they where taking me to court

or some such and I would like to know as they have not responded within the 12 day timescale what this means.

Personally I would totally ignore them until they comply with the CCA request.

They wrote to you and you wrote back so they have o reason not to provide this under your lawful request.

While a telephone conversation and giving out security information doesn't acknowledge the debt I would certainly NOT be telephoning them at all.

If anything, if their 12 + 2 days are up then you could send them the account in dispute letter as they have failed to comply with the Consumer Credit Act.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Oh and by the way...check your credit file to see who actually does own this debt. Noddle is free.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

Ha ha cr@pquest by name cr@pquest by nature, re-writing the rule book again, and making it up as they go along, dear oh dear, ensure you make a formal complaint to the OFT&TS, and as advised ignore them, wait until they are out of time, which is most likely three weeks ago, and send them the failed letter in the library.

Send it 2nd class and obtain proof of posting which is free from the PO counter.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Not in Scotland by any chance are you?

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

Then IMO they are cash cowing you. I'd be inclined to ignore them.

+1

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

cheers - what date do I use for the 'This was signed for as delivered on the **DATE**' I sent the letter 30/07/12 and their reply letter is 01/08/12 do I assume they got it on 31/07/12 or play it safe and go with 01/08 the same day as their response to me

cheers - what date do I use for the 'This was signed for as delivered on the **DATE**' I sent the letter 30/07/12 and their reply letter is 01/08/12 do I assume they got it on 31/07/12 or play it safe and go with 01/08 the same day as their response to me

If you used a 'signed for' postal service then you can just look up your tracking number on the Royal Mail site and check the date.

Rob

I would add a note of caution on the advice to ignore them. Some creditors will issue a frivolous claim.

Personally I would lay a trail for a judge to show that you have not been negligent. They are well over their 12 days so send the account in dispute letter. But I wouldn't ignore them given the (albeit slim) risk that they might issue a claim.

Set up a token payment of £1 a month - or no payment. That is up to you.

I would add a note of caution on the advice to ignore them. Some creditors will issue a frivolous claim.

Creditors YES, dca's NO.

DCA's cannot issue a summons UNLESS they are the legal owners under the law of property act.

No caution is ever needed to ignore DCA's they have ABSOLUTELY no legal powers over anyone.

The OP hasn't been negligent at all, in fact if anything has gone above and beyond what any debtor needs to do.

Never ever pay a DCA, they have zero legal powers, zero caution is needed, they are in the wrong, you have all of the legal rights behind you, they have none, and DO NOT set up any kind of payment to them, ignore them.