what to claim confused!

vogelrok
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6630 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

just been writing up my first letter to barclays to claim back my charges and intrest. total £330 + £14 interest.

now im a little confused, my account was closed 2 years ago by barclays. before they closed my accoiunt they took £354.55 to pay off a resolvancy(sp) loan. in doing this it left me with a zero balance. they had every intention of closing my account down in 14 days. but had forgot to tell me. with a now zero balance of which i knew nothing of at the time. i was expecting my incapacity benefit i was on at the time to help pay my direct debits which was due, my resolvancy(sp) loan. my mortgage. i had £254.55 saved up to pay the bills. plus i put a extra £100 in on the day they took the £354.55.

so they paid my ddr's i had coming out. and then bounced my mortgage cheque. giving me a debt of £130.26 of which £80 was charges. this all happened over a space of 7 days. a further 7 days later they finally closed the account. crediting it with £130.26 so they could close it.

so am i right in thinking not only have they charged me twice for the bank charges making £160 in the last 2 weeks. and the other £100.26 which they paid out in ddr's.

also the ddr mandate promise. with regards to wrongful and late payments and such, was this broken. when they knowingly knew they was going to close the account. shouldnt all ddr's have been stopped to stop me getting into any more debt with the bank.

im really confused now. as it will be a lot more than i thought with regards to how the bank has treated me so unfair due to the abuse of unlawful bank charges i had been given during my time banking with them.

hope someone can help with this.

crikey - im confused reading that (although it is past 3am!)..

so i'm gonna read it again and try and make sense of it...

"BA Group. The World's favourite CA Group"

HSBC 2 claims amalgamated. £1195. settled in full prior to filing claim.

BARCLAYS settled in full 2 days prior to submission of defence by Barclays

CAP ONE settled in full on day 14 of LBA (£210)

yer im well confused. as they still say i owe them £665.96 which they are trying to claim from me. headaches, headaches, but i can see a clearing at the end of the tunnel somewhere. even if this clears my debts i will be happy and not so depressed over it all. have been under the doctor for a year for depression due to rising debts, of which maybe the best part is unlawful charges.

so you will understand when i say i am really greatful for any help along the way.

right let me get this straight...

Barclays correctly collected £354.55 from your account to pay off a loan and close the account.

this left you with a zero balance.

you had direct debits due to go out of that account subsequently - your mortgage direct debit, and your loan payment. As far as you were aware, you still had £254.55 in your account from your incapacity benefit (cos you weren't aware that Barclays had taken it, along with the £100 you paid in to cover your expected direct debits?)?

Barclays took the 354.55 which cleared your loan. But left you up the creek, cos you now couldn't cover the mortgage cheque which they then bounced. You incurred £80 of charges as a result, and were left £130 overdrawn due to the reutned cheque plus the charges.

Barclays then refunded the £130 in order to close your account as originally intended.

How much should Barclays have taken to clear the loan - was this notified/authorised?

all I read is that Barclays took money to clear loan, leaving you with insufficient funds... they thenpaid mortgage by DD, but returned the cheque (for which you were then charged. BUT... am I right in saying that they then effectively wrote of that charge, and the original cheque amount by refunding £130 in order to close your account?

Sorry - I'm still confused and wondering what charges you are attempting to recover? Sorry Im not much help..

"BA Group. The World's favourite CA Group"

HSBC 2 claims amalgamated. £1195. settled in full prior to filing claim.

BARCLAYS settled in full 2 days prior to submission of defence by Barclays

CAP ONE settled in full on day 14 of LBA (£210)

thought you had it then. no it didnt clear the loan, the £130 that they paid into the account isnt a credit of good will, it was another charge to be added onto the resolvansy loan. from what i can work out.

£50 of the £130 they paid back in had been paid to, my insurance company, AOL Online and the TV Licence. all of which i got charges of £50 for 2 of them payments made.

on the same day as them charges they also charged me a big charge of £30 for the unpaid out, for the cheque to the mortgage company. which they bounced.

but had already paid out 2 DDR'S and 1 BCC that day. which had put me £50 into a unagreed overdraft.

so as far as i can see, they gave me £80 of charges that day, then they closed the account a week later. when closing the account, they took all charges and unauthorised overdraft amount back into the account to be closed. then added the £130 to the resolvancy loan.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/08/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6630 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks