bryan carter court proceedings, please help

gazza29uk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4273 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently received court papers from Bryan Carter Solicitors for and old debt with orange which was passed on to Arrow Global. i acknowledged the court papers and sent B.C a CPR 31.14 request. i received a response on 25th August saying they will be in touch in due course. Then today i received some docs that im not too sure about and would like some advice on my next move. i have enclosed all docs and letters received since i sent my CPR request and not sure what to do. PLEASE HELP ME, THANKS

Scan0004.jpg

Scan0001.jpg

Scan0002.jpg

Scan0003.jpg

Hi gazza and a warm welcome to CAG.

Your uploads are far too small to read can you convert them to pdf and reupload.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Perhaps you could give a bit more background info on the account gazza to build up a clearer picture :-)

I would have thought it would be similar to credit agreements and that they would need the original agreement, or reconstituted version at least for the purpose of enforcement by court? I'm no expert though and I'm sure andy and others will point you in the right direction.

Good luck gazzauk

AS

cheers AS, this was apparently from orange in 08 which i never spent nowhere near the amount they are asking for, if i recall at the time the money i owed orange from the last letter i received ( in 08 i think i have twice moved since due to kids and dont have letter no more) was for 40 something pounds and i have never heard from arrow before regarding such debt ( unless they had old address) until told by bryan carter. i looked them up before taking any action and found this site and heard nothing but bad things. so after reading up on here i decided to send them a CPR 31.14 and these were what i recieved back which dont seem to be what the request asks for. im completely lost now:sad::sad:

What was the original contract for Gazza? How long, minutes etc. Did they fulfill their end? How come there are months were the bill reached £300 nearly? Was there no 'cut-off'? Most companies have some responsibility I think in respect of how much the bill has run up in a month (from what I have read somewhere - will need some digging done lol).

Did you have any complaint about the service/product?

Looking over the bill I think the biggest question I have... possibly a judge would have to is, why did they not suspend calls, when your monthly bill was running around £40-£60 then go up to £200+ when that months bill was not paid and the previous months was still outstanding did they allow you to continue to run up more bills for high amounts.

It would appear to me that they were being as irresponsible as you were by letting the bill increase each month and not suspend your account until it was paid with 2 months outstanding including one month for £215.

The only defence I could think of is to dispute the monthly amounts saying that if the amounts were correct then the company should have notified you and suspend the account (incoming calls only) until such time it was paid up to date. As they were assigned the debt from Orange they should have been given relevent proof of the debt besides an annual statement, ask them for a breakdown of the monthly charges, in other words a month to month bill.

I don't know what rules etc they would be expected to follow to be honest but it was just a thought, perhaps have a look through ofcom site and read up on what you should be able to get. Perhaps even ring them and speak to someone to see if they HAVE to give you a copy of those months bills.

AS