Peugeot 2nd hand car with problem, refuse to fix

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4268 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I bought a 2nd hand car in Robins & Day in Hanwell. It is a Peugeot 207 dated from 2007 and 30000miles, early June.

Within the first 2 weeks a bunch of issues came up, 3 small ones and 1 big one.

The procedure took over 2 months and I was told:

-The 1 year warranty doesn't work because the warranty people say that the problem was there when I bought the car

-The sales department refuse to pay because the problem wasn't there when i bought the car.

I paid this car £6000 and I did not cause those problems. Why should I be paying for it?

The funny thing is, the warranty accepted to cover 1 of the small problems, the sale department 2 of the small one and of course no one want to pay for the big one.

And the 3 small problems have only been fixed yesterday. Meaning it took 3 months for them to do something.

Now I want to fight the fact that they refuse to fix the biggest problem, which, I am sure, the more I use the car, affects the rest of the car and will cause other parts to fail soon.

Any suggestion?

Something to do with the air conditioning.

Everytime it's on it's making a terrible noise, and the noise gets even worse when pressing the accelerator.

At first it was only when the A/C was on but the more I used the car, the more the noise started to happen even if A/C off.

Wen it's off, it's not as bad but still shouldn't be there.