Who can access bank accounts?

sg61
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4271 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I believe they are orders in the PC .

As this is a self help forum I suggest you do some painstaking research on this!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I believe they are orders in the PC .

As this is a self help forum I suggest you do some painstaking research on this!

Hello BRIGADIER2JCS

Sorry but If you know so much about this !

The DWP and HMRC have wide powers of investigation now and accessing bank accounts and credit reference agencies is just part of this as is the use of debt collecting and tracing agencies from the private sector

Why dont you BRIGADIER2JCS post links to the relevant act of parliament and section of this act which allows access to a personal bank account without a court order.

Thank you in advance :wink:

Edited by 45002

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

I fear the Brigadier could be right.

The Powers appear to give provisions, that an Officer can also investigate someone they "believe to be helping a claimant to commit fraud" I suspect that is a catch all power that indeed allows them to investigate the finances of a partner/close associate of a suspect.

They certainly seem to have the power to check the credit file of a person suspected of being the live in partner, as well as the benefit claimant themselves, so I suspect its an extension of that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I believe my colleague Erika PNP has now given you all you need to know for you to research and find the deatils you require.

So have a troll though the net for info.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

In April 2002, the Social Security Fraud Act amended the Social Security Administration Act to give Authorised Officers additional powers to investigate benefit fraud.

The additional powers, in section 109B(2A) of the Social Security Administration Act, gave them the ability to obtain information from banks, credit providers, utility companies, schools/colleges/universities. They are only able to use such powers in relation to: -

1. a claimant who they are investigating for fraud, or
  2. a person who they have reason to believe is a member of such a claimant's family (this would include alleged partners in LT cases)

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

I believe my colleague Erika PNP has now given you all you need to know for you to research and find the details you require.

So have a troll though the net for info.

Hello BRIGADIER2JCS

It's very clear now you didnt know in the 1st place and had to rely on fellow CAG member to posting the answers on your behalf :|

In April 2002, the Social Security Fraud Act amended the Social Security Administration Act to give Authorised Officers additional powers to investigate benefit fraud.

The additional powers, in section 109B(2A) of the Social Security Administration Act, gave them the ability to obtain information from banks, credit providers, utility companies, schools/colleges/universities. They are only able to use such powers in relation to: -

1. a claimant who they are investigating for fraud, or
  2. a person who they have reason to believe is a member of such a claimant's family (this would include alleged partners in LT cases)

Hello id6052,

Thank you for taking the time to theses details.:-D

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

Sorry I did not get back to you sooner, I was at after school activities with my children. I see that id6052 has very kindly provided information which answers your question.

I am happy to provide direct links wherever possible however on this occasion, I am unable to link directly because the source I use is a legal database that is for legal professionals/academics and requires a paid subscription fee. As a fee charging website, I am forbidden by the forum rules to provide it. However the information provided by id6052 will also enable you to perform your own search for publicly accessible websites, should you wish to do so.

A site that you may find useful for Acts or Parliament is http://www.legislation.gov.uk. This site is free and publicly accessible but do bear in mind that it is not always up to date and doesn't always consolidate changes in the law.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

to be honest brig.. i am not much interested which govt brought it in....labour or condem...they are all in league with each other....the whole bloody lot of em deserve nothing less than stringing up....the next election is gonna be interesting!!!

No lynch mobs pleeeese

Sorry I did not get back to you sooner, I was at after school activities with my children. I see that id6052 has very kindly provided information which answers your question.

I am happy to provide direct links wherever possible however on this occasion, I am unable to link directly because the source I use is a legal database that is for legal professionals/academics and requires a paid subscription fee. As a fee charging website, I am forbidden by the forum rules to provide it. However the information provided by id6052 will also enable you to perform your own search for publicly accessible websites, should you wish to do so.

A site that you may find useful for Acts or Parliament is www.legislation.gov.uk. This site is free and publicly accessible but do bear in mind that it is not always up to date and doesn't always consolidate changes in the law.

Thanks for the reply, I was referring to links from http://www.legislation.gov.uk/

I was searching that site until id6052 posted the relevant information

Superb Erika!!!!

Yes it was Superb of Erika.

Shame BRIGADIER2JCS you couldn't have done the same in the 1st place,like this http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2001/11/section/2

:violin:

Yes, it's not the easiest site to search. The info is all over the place, some of it is out of date - typical government run website really!! I much prefer the databases I use, the info is much easier to find with a few key words.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

The Point here is none f this is doing any thing to help the OP with their problem!!!!!!!!!!!