style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4310 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

He's a saint in my opinion.

A friend of mine was down at the park today with her OH and children - there was an elderly couple there who'd just recently been made homeless.

It IS an absolute disgrace!

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

there was an elderly couple there who'd just recently been made homeless.

Apparently they suffered massive losses in their business due to theft.

I don't mean to be flippant but how can you justify making one person suffer to ease the suffering of another? It's not the government who suffer as a consequence of this guy stealing from shops it's the shop owners AND ALL THAT WORK FOR THEM!

Apparently they suffered massive losses in their business due to theft.

I don't mean to be flippant but how can you justify making one person suffer to ease the suffering of another? It's not the government who suffer as a consequence of this guy stealing from shops it's the shop owners AND ALL THAT WORK FOR THEM!

I thought we were talking a big chain supermarket here?

Edit: I don't think you're being flippant at all FL, I love a good debate!

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

It doesn't matter if it's a big chain it's still theft from a private business at the end of the day.

Are you saying theft is acceptable as long as it's from someone with plenty of money?

I think what is happening in some parts of Spain is an absolute disgrace but this is not the right way to go about fixing it. IMHO.

It doesn't matter if it's a big chain it's still theft from a private business at the end of the day.

Are you saying theft is acceptable as long as it's from someone with plenty of money?

I think what is happening in some parts of Spain is an absolute disgrace but this is not the right way to go about fixing it. IMHO.

I think it's acceptable if it's a big corporation such as Vodafone who don't pay taxes like here - it's not something I'd personally do, I've only ever stolen once, and that was a cigarette from my Dad, I confessed lol! But this guy is high up in Spain, and is perhaps making a stand against a government who is behaving in a way such as ours.

But as for just helping yourself, or just thinking shoplifting or theft is acceptable on a general scale, no I don't - I think this is a bit different though.

It's not different at all and until you can see that this is the case there is no point continuing the debate.

Theft is theft.

Condoning theft of any sort is unacceptable.

You're saying that because it's a big corporation it's acceptable. Ok then. Tesco is a big corporation. Lets all go help ourselves in Tesco's tomorrow.

We shall have to agree to disagree on this one then FL - as I think if the Mayor of Spain wants to make a point (and it involves a huge fat cat company), and whilst doing that feeds people who are starving, that can only be a good thing.

Theft IS theft, but these big fat cat companies thieve of the general public everyday, and the government do nothing about it - so if he is in such a position he can "give them a taste of their own", then good on him :lol:

Sorry DW but you are so wrong. This was virtually the mentality in Zimbabwe. People were of the opinion that the rich white farmers were the reason many were going hungry so they took the land and assets they had for themselves. Now look at what's happened. No farms. No work for farm labourers etc etc etc..........................The country is bankrupt!!

Anyway I'm off to Tesco's for some free food.

Sorry DW but you are so wrong. This was virtually the mentality in Zimbabwe. People were of the opinion that the rich white farmers were the reason many were going hungry so they took the land and assets they had for themselves. Now look at what's happened. No farms. No work for farm labourers etc etc etc..........................The country is bankrupt!!

Anyway I'm off to Tesco's for some free food.

And it's no different to the mentality that the immigrants in this country are reason why the Brits have no jobs or homes and go hungry - it's a ridiculous idea! So perhaps we are on a similar page here, I just think if someone who has the power to do so - can help, then good on them.

The tax man would "steal" from say Vodafone for eg - but for some reason the likes of Vodafone get away scott free - if Boris Johnson were to take from the likes of Vodafone to give to those in this country who are living in poverty, I for one would take my hat off to him.

If you wait till closing time, you'll be able to get it for free when they throw a whole load of it out, although you can't because even taking food that's been thrown out from Supermarkets is classed as stealing :lol:

It's a pity the supermarkets couldn't do something more deserving with the obscene waste of perfectly good food, rather than throw it all away.

Your argument digresses somewhat. I will let it go with one final summary. I am against theft. Others are not. There we shall have to differ for ever.

I hear ya FL :oops:

And just for the record, I too am against theft - especially when it's the tax man or banks doing the thieving :lol: which is sort of the point I feel the Mayor is perhaps trying to make maybe?

But yes, I totally, totally get what you mean - now gimme a hug :lol::hug:

No hugs. You might pick my pocket.:lol:

Ohhhhh I like it!!!!! :pound:

Very fast indeed! In fact, have you thought about taking on Usain Bolt? :lol:

And it's no different to the mentality that the immigrants in this country are reason why the Brits have no jobs or homes and go hungry - it's a ridiculous idea!

Now you are talking Duck Waddle. Thats the very reason why this country is on its knees.

For some, its as plain as the nose on their face. 2.5 million immigrants in 7 years.

The third most heaverly populated country in the world. On a tiny little island.

How the [EDIT] are we supposed to house/feed/employ them

Gret real.

Edited by freakyleaky
Bypassing swear filter.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

He's a saint in my opinion.

A friend of mine was down at the park today with her OH and children - there was an elderly couple there who'd just recently been made homeless.

It IS an absolute disgrace!

How on earth did that happen - do you know any more details ?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Anyway, back to the original topic of the thread - unless of course the original topic was generated for other purposes :-)

I say good on the Mayor taking a stand against the governments who are clearly making those regular everyday people live in poverty - and I still promise I won't pickpocket you FreakLeaky :lol:

I have unapproved some posts that go off the and digress from the topic at hand to allow the thread to continue.

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Anyway, back to the original topic of the thread - unless of course the original topic was generated for other purposes :-)

I say good on the Mayor taking a stand against the governments who are clearly making those regular everyday people live in poverty - and I still promise I won't pickpocket you FreakLeaky :lol:

So you still say theft is ok? Good for you for sticking to your beliefs.

So you still say theft is ok? Good for you for sticking to your beliefs.

:lol:

Surely a man of his standing in the community would be better off organising a food drive or something with all the local supermarkets? The only winners in what he is doing is the large sopermarkets. I agree, they do make far too much money, but they win whatever happens. He is only encouraging those who need, to take it regardless.

You steal, you get caught (usually)

You get caught (too many times), you go to prison.

You go to prison, you get fed.

Where do the prisons buy the food?

The large supermarkets.:lol:

Endless circle.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

Surely a man of his standing in the community would be better off organising a food drive or something with all the local supermarkets? The only winners in what he is doing is the large sopermarkets. I agree, they do make far too much money, but they win whatever happens. He is only encouraging those who need, to take it regardless.

You steal, you get caught (usually)

You get caught (too many times), you go to prison.

You go to prison, you get fed.

Where do the prisons buy the food?

The large supermarkets.:lol:

Endless circle.

I like this idea Sod'Em - it's madness even to me that "stealing" could be considered a good thing, but I do get what he's trying to do - perhaps he's not going about it the right way though.