Extended warranty issues - John Lewis

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4276 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I don't know whether I am in the right forum, apologies if not.

I bought a Garmin Nuvi Satav from John Lewis and purchased their extended warranty for the 3 years.

For some months before this ran out it was taking 10 minutes to turn on which was annoying but we coped as it still worked once it did turn on.

I have mental health issues and find communication difficult due to extreme social anxiety and am registered disabled under mental health.

Eventually though before the warranty expired I contacted the JL extended warranty company and they collected the SatNav to repair it.

It came back but though it would turn on straight away so the original fault seemed fixed,

it turned itself off every couple of minutes which rendered it useless if someone else wasn't in the car to reset it as obviously the driver can't do it.

It went back again, and again came back with the same fault.

It went back a 3rd time and they considered replacing it but decided to repair it.

Unfortunately when it was returned I was extremely unwell and didn't leave the house and so it was over a month before I was able to try it out and it still has the same fault repeatedly

turning off every few minutes rendering it useless.

So from the moment I sent it off with a fault, it has never worked and in fact is in a worse state than when I sent it off

originally as at least once the 10 minutes start up time was over it worked ok.

I have contacted the extended warranty company and they say too much time has elapsed and they won't now repair it.

The extended warranty then appears to have been useless and it has not worked since I sent it off originally the first time.

Do I have any rights, or because I left it so long before checking the 3rd repair was successful, have I lost all those rights?

I can't afford a new one so this is my only hope. What a waste of money that £39 extended warranty was!

Well I found the email address of John Lewis CEO and emailed him and said the above.

I've been getting missed calls from an unknown number and I don't do phones but felt it was probably John Lewis

so eventually made myself return a call

and they are getting the extended warranty company to write off my old SatNav and the company will send me a letter authorising a new one

which I take to John Lewis and they will show me a similar spec new SatNav that I can have new.

So hopefully I will have a new SatNav soon.

It's such a pain having such a problem with phones!

I am just starting exposure therapy for it as it really affecting my life.

Anyway, hopefully good news soon.