A kitchen conundrum - is there a cooling off period after signing off fitting ***Resolved***

gjindancer
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4304 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just had a new kitchen installed. All paid up from wife's account. I work from home so was the only one there when the fitter finished. Tradesman had been friendly and efficient, but was eager for me to sign off which I did, only later to read in small print I had up to 14 days to sign. TBH on the whole the fit was looking good on the surface of things and everything worked.

Wife comes home, after closer inspection not happy about a few things and annoyed I had signed.

So a few questions..

Even though I signed, surely a cooling off period should still apply as I shoul of at least had an evening to check and test the kitchen? My wife has yet to transfer the money to pay the fitter.

Also, due to inheritance details - the house and mortgage are solely in my wife's name. The purchase of the kitchen has come only from my wife's account, so in reality the kitchen is not technically mine to sign off. So would my signature be invalid in the first place?

Thanks

D

Edited by gjindancer

Hi Gjin,

Re the technicality of ownership of the ppty, I see no reason why your approval of the kitchen would be invalid.

However, if there are minor points which you or YW are not happy with, speak to the fitter and say YW has noticed a few snags and could he arrange a time to inspect and rectify.

It may be better if YW is there as she's the one not happy with the snags.

Assuming the snags are agreed and sorted, you can pay the fitter when it's finished.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi gj

I wouldn't get overly concerned about what you've signed. You can refer to:-

Under Consumer Law - Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982

I would write an Informal Letter (nice), pointing out what needs to be corrected, when you will be around for them to correct the errors, give them a deadline. Send it Recorded.

Depending on what they say, here's some info:- http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/making-a-complaint/how-to-complain-to-companies/

Result !!

All sorted with no kerfuffle :-D

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)