Appeal wins and backpay

osdset
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4250 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The system must be in overload!

I made a telephone inquiry today about the status of my claim, ( my appeal was upheld on 02/08/12) I was told that the DWP had not received the appeal notification yet, which was not much of a surprise TBH, the advice given was to phone again next week and if the paperwork had still not been received, the DWP would arrange to have JCP copy my notification and fax it through, the admin officer then said that once they had received the paperwork, the claim would be sorted chronologically and the waiting list was approx seven weeks for arrears to be paid.

Cold comfort after being on the assessment rate for over a year.

Edited by osdset

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

Yeah. This varies across different offices, but that sort of time frame seems to be fairly typical, sadly.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

think of it this way, the longer they take to process, the longer they also take to send the next ESA50.

I would expect the ESA50 to follow hot on the heels of the official notification that I have been placed into WRAG, in fact I am banking on it, because I want to have the WCA and the very probable 0 point result well before April next year because then we have the ever so friendly mandatory revision before appeal.

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

think of it this way, the longer they take to process, the longer they also take to send the next ESA50.

That isn't true is it. The next ESA50 will be sent out according to the period decided when the face to face assessment was carried out.

You could well receive another ESA50 before you are paid the arrears from the previous award!!

That isn't true is it. The next ESA50 will be sent out according to the period decided when the face to face assessment was carried out.

You could well receive another ESA50 before you are paid the arrears from the previous award!!

I have never heard of that, this happened to you?

I am not talking aboit the appeal been processed and then waiting for backdated money but rather than the person is still in assessment/appeal status.

• 2 weeks later...
The system must be in overload!

I made a telephone inquiry today about the status of my claim, ( my appeal was upheld on 02/08/12) I was told that the DWP had not received the appeal notification yet, which was not much of a surprise TBH, the advice given was to phone again next week and if the paperwork had still not been received, the DWP would arrange to have JCP copy my notification and fax it through, the adminlink3.gif officer then said that once they had received the paperwork, the claim would be sorted chronologically and the waiting list was approx seven weeks for arrears to be paid.

Cold comfort after being on the assessment rate for over a year.

The saga continues, I had a copy of my appeal decision notice faxed over to the BDC over two weeks ago, on the phone to them today and.............'sorry we have no record of it on the system', now waiting for a callback this is getting very tedious.

I think you should be seriously considering a formal complaint about the delay, as should anyone else in this position. It's bad enough to have to manage on the assessment rate for months on end without then having to wait more months for the arrears to be paid.

I appreciate that DWP staff are seriously overloaded and the vast majority are doing the best they can, however this ridiculous situation will not change if no one complains about it.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

What is odd is that the chap who faxed the notice through at JCP kept reminding me that he had 'done his bit' and showed me the confirmation that the fax had transmitted, I remember thinking that sounded a bit ominous at the time.

Another development! The appeals section of my BDC have just phoned confirming they have no record of the appeal notification, so the copy sent by the tribunal has gone missing, and the copy JCP faxed over is missing. they gave me the direct e mail address of the appeals office and asked me if I could scan the document in PDF format and send it over, which I have done, just as well I have a scanner then, and adobe acrobat writer, and an internet connection otherwise I would be making yet another appointment at JCP, this beggars belief.

reminds me of more than 30 years ago the then sick note office (cannot remember name) lost my sick note, first I knew I received no money. So with no money I had to walk to office only to then find out they were claiming I had not sent note in. I had them check log as I had handed in note and seen them enter it on log. Correct they log of my bring in sick note, but they then told me I had to get another sick note from doctors.

It was Friday afternoon Doctors closed till Monday, social security would give me nothing told me to borrow of in-laws. So broke till Monday got note from doctors went to office and handed note in had to wait till Wednesday for giro, got soaked ended up with Flu and another 3 weeks on the sick. Don't seem to be any better today does it. Governments then and now just don't care.

dpick

Yet another update.

I phoned the BDC today and at last the appeal decision notice has gone into the system, then came the bad news 'please allow up to six weeks to process the claim update and calculate back pay' Oh joy

Yet another update.

I phoned the BDC today and at last the appeal decision notice has gone into the system, then came the bad news 'please allow up to six weeks to process the claim update and calculate back pay' Oh joy

Good to here you won your appeal and it's now in the system.

I read in one of my local rags appeals in parts of the West Midlands are taking 9 to 12 months to be heard at tribunal :!:

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

osdset so which comes first backpay or ESA50? but good news for you at least something is happening now.

That's the big question isn't it, I am betting the ESA50 lands on the mat before the cash lands into the account, of course I will go down the I want the WCA recorded route which might well delay things somewhat.

I would like to get to the bottom of what happened to the original decision notice from the tribunal, the guy from DWP appeals said that this was not uncommon, and requests for duplicates were taking eight weeks, I am going to have to take his word for it but I am not convinced.

• 3 weeks later...

Update

Brown envelope hits the mat this morning, Dear Mr ******* your med 3 is about to run out..... ARRRGHHH!

2 months since I won the appeal, still not placed in WRAG, still no back-payment I calculate they now owe me £1,800 nice lady at DWP tells me what I already know about the backlog, and then giggles, phone bounces off wall and explodes after leaving my hand with the style and grace of a test match bowler.