not fit for purpose

Janine9
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4296 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, this is my first query .

I bought a refurbished laptop from my local company a month ago. However, the laptop is not performing as it should: 5 minutes or more to access emails/internet, messages that the programme is not responding, etc.I had explained very clearly what I wanted from my "new" laptop. I have a 1 year warranty. I have now lost confidence in this new machine & its seller. A friend of mine who knows something about IT tells me that I have been sold a faulty machine.

Am I entitled to a full refund?

Thanks.

Janine:mad2::-x

what fault tho hardware or software

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Hi Janine and welcome to CAG

You'd need to check the warranty carefully to see what is, and what is not, covered by it.

You say you've lost confidence in the machine and the seller. However, you need to give them a chance to remedy the fault(s). Take it back with a brief list of faults and ask that they repair or replace the lappy asap.

If I had problems like you describe, I'd have returned the machine to them immediately asking for a refund or a replacement. Leaving it a month has left you in a slightly weaker position.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)