Wrong item put on display?

Sirfracis
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4291 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, rather than copy saying things here is a copy of my E-mail to pcworld;

'Hello,

I went into Currys/PCWorld megastore, and looked at monitors. The Samsung monitors were arranged in ascending order and so I thought that a particular monitor was indeed the 24” monitor described on a price tag. Underneath a ‘Samsung Syncmaster SA700’ was the price tag of £159.99 including a £20 cashback offer that I can claim later. However the model that I eventually purchased was a ‘Samsung Syncmaster S24B350’. Before purchase of course I looked to make sure the model number on the box matched that of the price tag. But the monitor that I was looking at to obviously compare screen quality and menu features in the store then and there was the wrong model.

I have since searched the model that was incorrectly on display and found that the screen is a 23” monitor as well. No wonder when I got home I was surprised to find a larger screen that I remember, with different buttons, no 120Hz refresh rate, no DVI input option, and a lack of a 3D conversion feature that were all present on the display monitor! I am convinced that it is not a simple case of mistake on my part, as many electrical goods have differing serial/model numbers as has been my past experience with monitors and computer components especially and so assumed that either this was a store model tracking system or an alternative labelling of the product.

I look forward to your reply, and thank you in advance for doing so.'

So what can I do? Obviously there were no signs that this monitor was not the one on offer for £160. So I don't know what to do, as I had to open the monitor to find this out. :(

I will also post any replies I get, but I have since tweeted them a short message.