Monument Credit Card Missold PPI Offer

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4304 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone offer any advice, i contacted monument with regards to payment break plan which had been added to my credit card since 2001.

i have worked out that i have paid over 11 years a total of £2650 to this plan plus the interest which totals approx £3,300.

i have today received a final response letter from monument confirming that i have subscribed to this plan since jan 2001 but they are only prepared to offer me without admission a refund of these fees plus interest for the past 6 years, as this is their company policy.

The total refund offer is for £1,990 including interest, which i believe is probably about £1,300 short of what i have actually paid in including the interest charged.

My question is should i accept this offer or should i take it to the FOS, and chance losing the offer if they dont find in my favour.

Does anyone else have the same sort of offer and if so have you taken any further action

Edited by citizenB
formatting

I believe they are obliged to refund all of the premiums paid with associated interest.

I will send S.O.S. to PPI guys for confirmation and more advice.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

:)

Can you just advise if you completed a spread sheet with all the payments listed?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

No i did not submit a spread sheet with my letter, but they have sent one with this final response showing the payments for the last 6 years. I phoned them today to ask why they only offered to refund the last six years to 2006 and they said that by law they were only required to keep data for 6 years, and this was their company policy to offer a max of 6 years.

Ah, if you dont have statements going back further than 6 years then that is all they are going to repay.. It might have been worth sending a SAR request prior to submitting your claim and they might well have provided statements going back further.

Nearly all banks are disposing of data older than 6 years and only repaying PPI for 6 years or longer if someone has retained statements of their own and can prove that the PPI was paid.

By law, they are obliged to retain data for 6 years AFTER the financial relationship has ended.. !! The FSA have said there is no limit to PPI being claimed so if you have the proof, you will get further.. if you dont, then you are probably stuck with the 6 years.

Have asked someone to look in on you, so you might want to wait a while to see if they can offer more advice.

BCOBS

If you have all the statements going back to 2001 then have a read of the link below, choose the correct spread sheet and complete it - then challenge their decision to only refund you 6 years.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?330996-Latest-Spreadsheets-PPI-Claims-and-Charges-Claims-Dec-2011(2-Viewing)-nbsp

BCOBS

There should be no risk whatsoever - if they play up, then you can take your claim to the Financial Ombudsman.

They have admitted mis selling - there is no statute of limitation on the PPI

BCOBS

your calc are wrong

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?330996-Latest-Spreadsheets-PPI-Claims-and-Charges-Claims-Dec-2011

use the foscisheet here

go back to card inception

do the fos cq too

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/technical_notes/ppi.html

and their letter will say 'consider this as our final response' [clever wordings!!]

well you dont consider it as their final response'

go get 'em

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You should tell them that under the Limitation Act 1980 Section 32a,b,c, states:

(a)the action is based upon the fraud of the defendant; or

(b)any fact relevant to the plaintiff’s right of action has been deliberately concealed from him by the defendant; or

©the action is for relief from the consequences of a mistake;

The period of limitation shall not begin to run until the plaintiff has discovered the fraud, concealment or mistake (as the case may be) or could with reasonable diligence have discovered it.

Quote that to them, they know how far back they have to pay, they are trying it on. The section to look at is here:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1980/58/section/32

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers