Benefit cheats on Channel 4

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4300 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Check out the readers comments on the Daily Mail's latest 'have a go at the workshy' article http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2187039/Benefit-cheats-bonanza-Jobcentre-Plus-staff-pay-claimants-documents-just-shopping-lists-letters-saying-dont-job.html

People are wising up to the spin, there aren't enough jobs to go around and everyone knows it.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

I don't understand how they get away with it. I have been told off more than once for supposedly not doing enough. In one of those weeks, a relative had died and I was sick. I was not aware at the time that I had to inform the job centre about my sickness.

I don't understand how they get away with it

As one of the readers commented it's a one off stunt, how many times did the reporters try the 'shopping list' in various JCP's? Did theses reporters try to make genuine claims? If so they are guilty of attempting to defraud the DWP by making a claim whilst still in employment, they must have been contracted to Channel four during the making of the program. Or it's a setup.

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

There are those who need benefits , be it temporary or long term for one genuine reason or another, this can range from sickness, or simply not being able to find employment.

Then there are without a shadow of a doubt are those who don't wish to work through choice, for whatever reason Lord only knows, as it's very little money.

So to put those genuine ones in the category of "work shy scroungers" is disgraceful! Particularly when those staff who are there to apparently sift those non genuine out from the genuine can't even be bothered to read their forms correctly!

Why not give those who are genuinely looking for work the jobs that the advisers clearly can't do?

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

So to put those genuine ones in the category of "work shy scroungers" is disgraceful! Particularly when those staff who are there to apparently sift those non genuine out from the genuine can't even be bothered to read their forms correctly!
I think that with the level of signings that have to be processed per day the average sign on time is three minutes, maybe not enough time to thoroughly read everything but surely enough time so scan a job search quickly, I'm pretty sure an advisor would have to be half blind not to notice a shopping list! Or they didn't look in the first place, perhaps as a one off a claimant would get away with it but every time? It's not going to happen.

I think that with the level of signings that have to be processed per day the average sign on time is three minutes, maybe not enough time to thoroughly read everything but surely enough time so scan a job search quickly, I'm pretty sure an advisor would have to be half blind not to notice a shopping list! Or they didn't look in the first place, perhaps as a one off a claimant would get away with it but every time? It's not going to happen.

And this is exactly the reason why so many genuinely sick or disabled people are thrown off their benefits when they clearly are not able to work! They do not look at each persons case thoroughly, or on an individual level!

So, in my opinion - it's their bad! Their bad for making these silly mistakes that could potentially be costing the state money, and their bad for stripping the genuine people of the only little income they have no other choice to reply on!

Only difference is, government will only have something done about those they feel are slipping through the net who are costing them - they won't give a shiny about those who've been speedily overlooked and lost their entitlement unjustly due to their rushed targets!!!

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.