ESA50 form help

stuartA
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4309 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello..

got my esa50 form to fill in today. ill just be honest, but not sure about a few things

1. new doctor for about a year now, but my previous doctor signed me off sick. can i go to old doctors and get a copy of this, or get one off my new doctor.?

2. had spine damage, really bad for 14 months, there are lots of doctors appointments, put on pain killers. doctor said it was trapped nerve 4-6 weeks but after 4 months asked for scan, she still said trapped nerve 4-6 weeks, demanded physio, and was told by him i had spine dasmage. i do lots of steching exercises, but theres always a slight pain, if i pick heavy items my back can just go. so ive

written him a letter for him to explain my problem and things that will cause pain , still not recieved letter back, but should i include a copy of this with the esa50 form?

3.i have epilepsy (had it since i was 14) can have up to 10-20 attacks a year. so ill bring medication with me. should i get a letter from my doctor to prove this i have a doctor just for my epilepsy should i get something off him?

4. had a stroke left side arm hand are useless, my foot shakes a bit my leg isnt great, but i can walk its obvious my arm and hand are bad, but are they going to test my leg, foot (haslf as strong as right foot and leg) i do fall over because of this and stumble alot as i lean heavily on my paralysed side. is this taken into account?

5. ive always been told im unemployable, if i fail and have to go to JSA how are they with helping disabled people get work?

ive on IB and DLA (low rate) for a long time. is there other evidence i can include with my esa50 form ?

thank you all very much for any advice / help you can give me

thank you very much for that HoneyBee.. to be honest ive been rather worried about this and any information/advice is alot better than none :-)

Personally I don't even see the reason or purpose of filling the form out other than to put the minimum info you can get away with.

My one and only ESA50 arrived at home a couple of days after ATOS had telephoned me to arrange a face to face, and it arrived (within the time frame allowed) on the DWP's desk, two days after the decision had been made to give me 0 points!

Which goes to show that my efforts were in vain - no one ever saw it - ATOS or the DWP.

Question 6 – Communicating with people

im 100% ok unless i have an epilepsy attack then i cant make myself understood or walk and will take awhile to recover. there are a few questions where i would have big problems if i have a fit.. do i add this in to the answer i give??

Question 6 – Communicating with people

im 100% ok unless i have an epilepsy attack then i cant make myself understood or walk and will take awhile to recover. there are a few questions where i would have big problems if i have a fit.. do i add this in to the answer i give??

YES. Add everything that is relevant to your illness/claim. Make sure to make it clear that it's due to the epilepsy/any other illness(es) you have.

Thanks rainbo.. :wink:

ive been looking over one of my doctors letter. and hoping someone here can help me understand it better

from doctors letter:

in the lower extremities, he had 4+hip flexion weakness of the left and brisk reflexes on the left side with an upgoing left plantar response??