Scott and Co - Scottish Council Tax Advice Needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4294 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Folks

So far I have been successful with getting a PPI claim out of Santander and I have had a suspension of activity on an Ambrose Wilson account.

My newest issue is an old council tax debt appx £2400.

I have written and made an offer to SCott and Co to pay this off at £100 per month for 24 months which i think is reasonable.

In response they have sent me a letter saying that they need to assess this further and will I complete an income and expenditure form. Which would be allk well and good however they are asking for all my bank details, my NI number etc etc of which of course I will not be giving them.

How can i respond to this letter and get them to acept what I have offered?

Everyone here has been very helpful in the past so Im back looking for advice. The other thing is this they have issued 2 charges for payment for the one debt which makes me think that they arent really charges as I understand this is a common practice with these bandits- issuing a charge for payment when there isnt actually one.

Please advise.

Kind Regards

Ceebee:!:

Procedure in Scotland is different to what the majority of us are used to. I have a sneaky suspicion that what they are asking for is lawful and you have to provide it. If you click the little black triangle to the left this alerts the Site Team and you should ask if a call can be put out for Ida in Fife to have a look, alternatively look at the Dealing with Debt in Scotland Forum.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you have received a charge for payment you must put your payment proposal via the courts or you leave yourself open to other enforcements without any prior knowledge.

If you have received your charge for payment within the last 14 days you need to follow the advice on this link:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?185249-Have-you-received-a-charge-for-payment-arrestment-summary-warrant

I would always suggest doing your own full i and e to accompany the time to pay order

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ssi/2009/395/schedule/made

you can check against the above to see what amount a bank arrestment would be each month

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

...... So because I'm still dealing with Scott and Co am I right in assertion that this really isn't a charge for payment through the courts. I have now had two Charge for payments which I think is odd. I'm almost sure that it's not a real charge as it asks me to continue to deal with them. Can anyone who has dealt with Scott and Co clarify this? I really don't want to be giving them all my personal information as this of course will lead to dilligence-I want to pay what iv offered.

UOTE=IdaInFife;3935368]http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ssi/2009/395/schedule/made

you can check against the above to see what amount a bank arrestment would be each month

It would be scott and co who apply for the charge for payment and who would deal with it.

A charge for payment will have the courts address etc and court ref number on it.

You are obliged to provide Scott and co your bank and work details as they are messengers of the court.

What date was the charge for payment issued?

Are the charge for payments for the same debt or are they for seperate council tax years?