Access to my medical records.

jackieB
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4391 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi yes thats what I thought....thats the reason why I asked for the record copies in the first place....it stinks even more now that she has sent the letter with that inside it.

word for word this it what it reads

DISCLAIMER

I "my name" confirm that there is no claim anticipated against the Doctors or

Staff at the "surgery name" in relation my request for my full medical records

Signed:.................................

Name: "my name" is printed on it already

Date:...................................

I have absolutely no intention of signing anything they send me due to my constant battle over the past three years and more to get my ribs and my neck problems LOOKED at in depth and NOT have an old irrate old dodderrer jab a syringe into my chest to have a little lookie at what the fluid or whatever it is in there and as for the lump in my neck and back ......I finally got the appointment come through an hour ago "they said they phoned me yesterday" to advise me it would be friday BUT funny that ...I was in all day and the only call's I had were two from one of my sisters at just after mid day..........grrrrrrrrrr baskits....oh yes and i recorded the very strange sounding lady who called me earlier about the appt for tomorrow.........you couldnt make this up or the story of my life these past 16 years

sorry nolegion it looks like i jumped here fro mthe other post BUT in desperation due to i have no one to help me in real life so I have to look here

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

burlyb. Thank you. That is OUTRAGEOUS and the first time I have seen or heard of anyone trying such a stunt on. They have no right to require such 'confirmation' at all, and you are, of couse, wholly right not to sign it. Even though, in my opinion, the text would be of negligible legal significance in the long run, it represents an unconscionable degree of ignorance, obstruction, officiousness and would-be bullying.

The remedy is wearisome, I'm afraid. You need to put in a 'subject access request' (i.e in writing, not just a phone call) under the Data Protection Act. And, again outrageouely, in my view, but this time legally, they can charge you up to £50 for the privilege.

I put some accumulated bitter experience about this into post #49 of this thread. I hope that might help. It's a long haul. Best of luck.

Edited by nolegion

Hi again nolegion I think I will use some of your wording in my reply to the manager....I like BIG words and ok I am only a builder "part time now due to all the foriners" I like BIG words that hit hard and nail the point to the door and for the reciever to maybe realise that they are NOT dealing with a total dipstick.....infact to use more blunter words....that managers butthole will heal over before I sign that disclaimer.

I just returned from a good friends house and she was disgusted when she saw the wroding on the disclaimer and she told me also that our genral hospital also isssued the daughter of a friend of hers with a disclaimer too ....they must have so much to hide.

I now need advice on moving to a new surgery and will this old surgery ban my sons if I take my illness elsewhere

oh and I did think about an SAR but wasnt sure if an SAR would be the right thing to send................I must have some rights against these nasty baskits

SAR is the only sure way forward at this stage, I'm afraid, burlyb.

I seldom invite or respond to 'private messages' in forums - even ones as well moderated as this - but if you care to let me know the names of the practice concerned and that of the hospital your friend mentioned by such a route (not 'in the open', site rules) I think I could interest a co-conspirator buddy of mine in raising some awkward freedom of information requests to the Trusts involved. I also agree with the advice you have received elsewhere about recording how you are treated, and about making a formal complaint to the Primary Care Trust, even if on the 'disclaimer point' alone.

Truly, I had never heard of this 'disclaimer' point until today, and I think it is disgraceful.