Natwest ppi claim

poolie1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4113 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys some advice would be great.

last week I used the template to request any details of my loan accounts and got a reply of Natwest.

Re. Request for information under section 77 of the consumer credit act 1974 with my loan details (account number etc) / loan amount / and when the loan closed

Its says as these loans have ended we have no obligation to provide the information I request.(Credit agreement)

I have had 3 loans over the last 10 years one from 2002-2004 the 2nd from 2004-2008 im unsure I was paying PPI on these accounts my final loan I still have the credit agreement for from 2008-current and know I am paying ppi on it and I have been mis-sold it because I had no idea I had it.

What do I do now thats my question do I complete 3 separate questionnaires because Ive had 3 separate loan accounts and request my PPI be refunded to me? even though I dont have my previous 2 loan credit agreements - but I have the account numbers and Sort codes that my loans were under.

Can I claim on my current loan even though im still paying it??...

Thanks in advance for any help.

As they say, if the accounts are closed they are under no obligation to respond to a CCA request which is what you made.

If it were me I would SAR them. There is a template in the CAG library, the link to which is at the top of every CAG page in green. Add a line that says it is to include copies of all and any agreements you have ever had with them.

Were these all "stand alone" loans or did they each refinance each other?

Normal process would be to prepare a spreadsheet of claim (when you get the SAR data back) and send a copy with the completed questionnaire.

Yes you can reclaim claim on the one that you are still paying.

Thanks for your reply, Ive seen the SAR template and love the spreadsheet( Think I read that in one of your previous posts) but it does seem like a drawn out process (Is this important?). I guess its not as easy as I first thought. The loans were topped up yes.

Worth doing though so that you cut down their wriggle room.

If the loans were topped up then you are very likely to have PPI from one loan rolled into the next.

If you haven't yet done so, have a read of No.1 in my signature.

Because I had 2 loans accounts, do I need to send 2 separate £10 cheques to request the SAR... And do I just send this request to Natwest or do I have to goto another agency.

Thanks again

• 1 month later...

Hi guys ive sent Natwest a SAR letter requesting the details of my loan accounts and any information they havent replied and its been nearly 2 months since i sent the letter im persuming now my next form of contact is to goto ICO fill the complaint form in and email / post it back to them?

Thanks for any help.

Did you send the request by tracked mail - Recorded/special delivery ?

If so you need to check that it has indeed been received.

Did you send the £10.00 fee by way of cheque or postal order ?, again check if it has been cashed. If sent by PO then you can telephone

08457 22 3344 (option 5, I think)

When you have that information, then you should at least contact the company again with a failure to comply letter which you can find in the CAG library.

Give them 7 days to respond/comply and then either make your complaint to the Information Commissioner, or you could consider issuing a claim in order for a court to force them to supply.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 1 month later...
did you get this as it appears that natwest are not responding to sar requests , and causing lots of people to have to chase them? let us know how you got on

Hi Ive gone to the ICO sent all my documentation off, i got a letter of confirmation from them to say they had received my letter and documents, i now have to wait 40 days see if anything is done about my other 2 loans, i think the 40 days will be within the next 2 weeks or so so heres hoping ive paid ppi on my other 2 loans and i will bang one complaint in for the lot

whilst it can be forced in court it is diabolical that these banks are being allowed to continually flout the laws that they are goverend by..they are making a mockery out of everyone and the establishment yet again..

the courts, whilst effective, is not everyones chosen route to get simple documentation they are perfectly entitled to..this should be stamped on before the courts get bogged down with timewasting claims against banks to just comply with simple lawful requests for documentation..

i have written recorded delivery three times for a sar and am now down to emailing joyce tudor to get something moving way past the 40 day deadline. this bank just do not respond to anything, and when they do its just a rubbish format reply thats got nothing to do with the original letter.

by the time it gets to court they may well have complied anyway, these people just drain the life out of you...

"ALWAYS QUOTE ME AS BEING MISQUOTED" :D

Had a letter back from RBS today - must of be for the original request of the SAR on my loan accounts, the letter states sorry for the delay and for this we will waver the £10 fee on this occasion because you never signed your original request of the SAR we cant prove that you are the account holder, please fill in and sign the form and we will be happy to proceed with your original request.

Bog standard blah blah if you ask me. Im sure I signed my letter, they just seem to use stalling tactics all the time! Well fill the form in a see where this gets me - wondering if I will have to wait another 40 days!!

• 2 weeks later...

i had one back from joyce tudor today saying sorry havent complied and met the forty day deadline, still searching documents will send via tnt when found...on day 62 now!! they are clowns..complaint to the ico will follow

"ALWAYS QUOTE ME AS BEING MISQUOTED" :D

• 4 weeks later...

Update - No response with a SAR from Natwest of yet but the ICO have emailed me back and basically they have issued RBS with 14 days to give me my SAR details, so rock on christmas day lol (or a couple of days after lol) lets see what happens!!

finally got my SAR from Natwest today shows the loan number the amount and the PPI paid - I have paid PPI on 3 loans over 10 years. So I guess now I can make my PPI complaint to RBS, Any ideas what the turn around time is from making a complaint to completion? any tips? Thanks for all your comments and advice.

First thing is to prepare a spreadsheet of claim. Have a read of No.1 in my signature on how to do this. The spreadsheet templates are at the end of the article. Shout of you need help.

From the date they receive your complaint they will have 8 weeks to investigate and give you a final decision before you can get fos involved.

im confuddled a little the SAR they have sent me is a summary or a breakdown of what ppi ive paid since 2002. How am I meant to complete a spreadsheet if i dont know dates or amounts of the PPI repayments per month.

Must i request this? the SAR only gives me the total amounts of PPI I was paying between the open and close date of the loan. The letter also states they only keep records for upto 6 years.

the letter states "It appears that your SAR request my be in connection with PPI that customers believe they may have been mis-sold rather then complete a full SAR on your current and historic banking arrangements with us we are able to provide you with a summary loan and ppi details - it saying if they have misinterpreted my request to let them know. Should I request via the ICO via the case number they have given me or send a letter back to RBS - Stalling tactics all the time.

Yes, and make a point of telling them that they have no right to make such an assumption and ask them to put in writing what their reasons for this were and under what authority they believe they can interpret a full SAR request to mean something different.

Tell them that you want that written explanation to use as part of a complaint to the ICO.