Egg to Barclaycard

sharmads
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4335 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone!,

Not sure if anyone can help at all but here goes! My husband had an Egg credit card for years which was taken over by Barclaycard. We paid this account off in full November last year. We want to check if we had PPI on this account. We have tried calling Egg (as we only have thier ref number) and they say we have to call Barclaycard. Called Barclaycard today and was told we never had PPI whilst with them.

I want to just double check that this is the case as (unsurpisingly!) I'm a little sceptical of banks.

Not sure how to get the information or where to get the information I know someeone must hold it?!

Any help/advice is gratefully recieved.

:???:

sharmads

I would start by requesting a subject acccess request which will cost you £10 and should go back at least 6 years, You can pick the template letter up from this site. I understand your sceptism as they are devious and crafty. By stating you never had PPI whilst with Barclays does not mean you did not have any while you were with egg. Another advantage with the SAR is it will tell you what charges have been applied to your account. The unfair ones you can claim back.

Regards

Hi Sharmads,

Yes, send a SAR to BC by Recorded Del'y to get a/c data - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?552-Data-Protection

As The Abused also says, if there are any penalty charges on the a/c, these can be reclaimed in full.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)