Cancelling T-Mobile contract - Wrong monthly line rental used to calculate final ££

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4329 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Currently month 19 into a 24 month contact.

Pay £12 per month, which is also what my contract states.

Phoned T-Mobile to ask how much it would cost to cancel my contract and they said it would be £85. Asked if they could break this down as it was higher then what I thought and they said it was the £17 per month line rental x 5 months.

Asked where they got the £17 from as my line rental has always been £12. They said my line rental was £17 minus a £5 discount, so the original cost is £17.

Where abouts do I stand as I never knew my line rental was £17. I renewed in store 19 months ago and they said it would be £12 and that was what they wrote on the contract - No mention of any discounts etc.

Spoke to a T-Mobile supervisior who was having none of it. Said their system said £17 and that it dosent matter that the contract only states £12.

Silly point, if it doesn't matter, what about the 24 month bit or is it a selective contract ? On a more serious point, you could argue that they have broken you contract from day one, if this wasn't the agreement you signed. Perhaps they will care to rfund you all your monie, with interest obviously!

Dont really understand your first point. Although its a 24 month contract and im only in month 19, im asking tmobile how much it would cost to buy out the remainder of the contract. I believe all mobile companies allow you to buy out the remainder of the contract.

Silly point, if it doesn't matter, what about the 24 month bit or is it a selective contract ? On a more serious point, you could argue that they have broken you contract from day one, if this wasn't the agreement you signed. Perhaps they will care to rfund you all your monie, with interest obviously!

Sorry, point is a contract specifies two fundemental things, what the supplier provides (t-Mobile) and what the customer (you) gets. In this case for 24 months at £12 per month you get so many minutes of calls, a number of texts and download, after that amount it specifies how much extra you are charged if you exceed your package.You can't really go, well we know it SAYS £12 per month but my computer says no. After all why is it a 24 month contract because computer says yes ! More a heads we win tails you lose kind of thing. If your bit of paper says £12 that is what they agreed too as did you. Who really care what their computer says, my computer says you owe me a squillion mazoolas doesn't make it right though.

Thanks whitecraig, thats exactly how I was thinking. Ive got the operations manager phoning me back tomorrow and i've fired off a complaint to the CEO's office - So will have to wait and see what they say!