Wonga - changing payment details

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4326 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Do Wonga keep a note of old payment details once you've changed then on your account?

A friend has a loan with them and the loan was paid into her main account, she's recently had a new bank card but she didn't ask for it RBS just sent it her. She has changed the card and bank account on her wonga account and they don't have he new card details. RBS say the old card would stop working, not sure if it has.

Edited by 2009dg

Pretty much every pdl keeps a record of old details. Even though they are meant to remove them from their system when advised of changes.

With the card issue, unless it is reported lost or stolen, the old card details could still be working up to 3 weeks later.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Yep. You need to secure your money so that repayment is done on YOUR terms.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

If youve given them details theyll try.

Theyll use either. Weve had reports about pdls setting up direct debits without the account holders permission as well.