Sainsburys underwriter loses the plot

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4312 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My ex husband walked out 3 yrs ago leaving me to pay a hefty joint loan on my own.

The payments per month are £298. per month.

I have just received a court order with a financial settlement of me paying the rest of the loan off in exchange for the family home.

I must get his name off the Sainsburys loan within 28 days otherwise I could go to prison (scary when you have 2 children).

I rang up Sainsburys to get apply for a loan and was refused on the basis of my credit score which incidently is 999 with experian.

I have never missed a payment with any of my finance/mortgage.

The new loan I was offered on application was £82 per month.

I was told to put a report together, a copy of my credit report/bank statements/decree absolute etc and send it to the underwriter which I did.

The underwriter has refused it again on the basis of my £200,000 mortgage even though I am selling the property next year and I have £160,000 equity in my home.

So Sainsburys would rather I go to prison and not be able to pay anything whilst in there and struggle paying £298 per month,

than pay £82 per month and get all of there money next year!!! Something very wrong somewhere!!

Oh and the help they give is absolutely zero.... Do not go near them with a barge pole.....

Edited by citizenB
formatting for easier reading

I think I have lost the plot as well.

I am not quite sure why a Court order has been issued - are the loan payments up to date, or has there been a default?

I am also not sure why you have been threatened with prison - this is most unusual for a consumer credit debt.

I will flag your thread for the attention of those with more knowledge, for you.

Meanwhile if you could post up more information that you think might help, that would be great.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I think I have lost the plot as well.

I am not quite sure why a Court order has been issued - are the loan payments up to date, or has there been a default?

I am also not sure why you have been threatened with prison - this is most unusual for a consumer credit debt.

I will flag your thread for the attention of those with more knowledge, for you.

Meanwhile if you could post up more information that you think might help, that would be great.

The court order was issued aspart of the divorce settlement

Basically I have to finish paying off the joint loan

And I get the marital home! The court order says that I have

28 days to get his name off of both or the court can send me

To prison! I have never defaulted on payment on anything! My credit score is excellent and according to experian my ex has an IVA and as I am financially assiciated with him he is making my score look bad??

Ah right. I have alerted site team for you, although it might be a bit later in the day before anyone looks in on you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Sounds like a consent order - breach it and you can be sent to prison.

You should apply to the court immediately for a variation. You ought not to have agreed to this unless you already had the finances to discharge your part of the order in place. Were you in receipt of legal advice?

My suggestion would be that you contact a local law centre and speak to a solicitor.

One other suggestion would be to ask the mortgagee to increase their loan to you to discharge the second loan - but that will only work if you earn sufficient to support that level of mortgage.

Sainsburys have picked up on my posts on forums

Today and are investigating! Not getting my hopes up

But they are ringing me (aledgedly) tomorrow at 12.30!

I do have a solicitor! I think my only option will be to eventually sell the family home and get a smaller property!

This will enable me to pay off all debt and get rid of the ex forever!!

Hi rawlings can you expand on how they have picked up your posts ? what have they said?

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Is a Credit Union an option?

This could be worth a try!

BCOBS