*** Lloyds/TSB C/Card PPI offer ***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4261 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys and girls,

I've recently received an 'offer' from Lloyds/TSB regarding the PPI paid on myCredit Cards.

They have not accepted any wrongdoing or liability but made the offer of justover £100. To my reckoning it should be just over £300 not including interestand I have just about finished my letter of refusal (below).

In the offer letter it does say to contact them if I plan to refuse which I didso immediately - I spoke with a lady who asked why I felt I was not offered thecorrect amount and I explained that I had received an SAR from Lloyds and thatthe figures did not match up. She asked me to make copies of the appropriateSAR statements (done), a copy of the offer letter (done) as well as a statementletter explaining why I am refusing the amount offered and to send them to thePPI dept at Lloyds where they would be looked at again.

She also said she would put a note on my account so that no money would be paidinto my account until the matter was resolved - the very next day the money WASpaid into my account. (I do still bank with Lloyds/TSB).

As the offer letter does say 'final response' do I continue with the ladies requestand send the info to Lloyds or should I simply go straight to the FOS?

Assuming I should send a cover letter should I add anything to thefollowing?

Thank you for your offer dated 21st June2012. I amunable to accept this offer as I do not believe the amount offered covers theamount of PPI I have paid on these Lloyds/TSB Credit Cards plus interest accrued.

As your letter requests I phoned Lloyds TSB on 0845601 2683 to explain I DID NOT wish to accept the offer on immediatereceipt of the letter, the call was made on Thursday 5thJuly 2012 at 15:55.

During the call I was asked why I did not accept theoffer and I explained I had received an SAR which clearly shows the PPI paymentsmade on these accounts and I believe them to be more than the offer made. I wasinstructed to make a copy of the offer made by Lloyds/TSB, a copy of therelevant SAR statements and this cover letter by way of explanation. I was alsotold during this phone call that a note was made on my account and no refundwas to be given to me until the matter was settled. The following day (Friday6th July 2012) the amount of £102.47 was paid into my account!

Enclosed with this letter is –

* A copy of the offer made by Lloyds/TSB (asrequested)

* Copies of the statements showing the amounts Ihave paid, this total is £303.92 (NOT including interest).

* My calculations as to how much I am owed(including interest).

I understand from speaking with your representativethat upon sending this information to you your decision regarding your offerwill be looked at again.

If I do not receive a response from Lloyds/TSBwithin 2 weeks from receipt of this letter I will be forced to take mycomplaint to the FOS.

I look forward to hearing from you again regardingthis matter,

sincerely

Tenmen10

Do any of the experts out there think I should addany more, or not bother with the letter at all and go straight to the FOS? Despite what the Lloyds/TSB representative said about looking again I'm cynical to say the least,

Thanks as always,

regards

Tenmen10

Tenmen, can I suggest you wait a little while until one or other of the PPI guys look in on you. Whilst your letter looks ok to me, I am not sufficiently knowledgeable to say yes.. pop it in the post. :) I have alerted the PPI guys to your thread.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

How did you calculate your figure of £300?

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

CitizenB/ims21,

I'll certainly wait CitizenB I've had the reply/offer for over a month but been too busy to sort it out, cheers.

Regarding the figure I have ims21 I have received an SAR for loans and credit cards (I won on my loan claim recently). It only covers Just over 2 years but it adds up to £309.00 according to the statements. The first is around £20 in December 2003 and the final around £7.00 in June 2005. All I have done is add up each monthly payment made.

I have NOT yet used one of the interest calculators on the CAG site but even without that its a bit more than the £100.00 Lloyds/TSB have offered. Depending on what replies I get on here that will be my next step.

Unless I'm missing something very obvious???

regards

Tenmen10

Well if the charges you have identified without interest are £300 then clearly they have miscalculated of their offer is only £100.

If it were me I'd write back to them and enclose the evidence of the payments made so they cannot dispute it and tell them to calculate it correctly rather than try and fob you off with a poorly examined case.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

ims21,

I've typed the letter out (as above) I'm just waiting to see if anyone can pick any holes in it before I send it. CitizenB seems to have kindly alerted some of the PPI guys to this thread.

I've got a PPI calculator from this site so I'll have a go at that tomorrow, then I'm set,

regards

Tenmen10

Yes CB did alert us

The letter is fine

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

:lol: ims21 IS the PPI guy, pleased it is now sorted for you :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 1 month later...

All,

Lloyds/TSB are currently considering my refusal to accept their Final Offer.

There was no time limit on their reply so I have wrote to them giving them the same 8 weeks which they had to consider my first claim. A reply is due early August, I will update once I hear anything.

Tenmen10