Council / Waste Collection Problems

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4331 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI There

I am wanting some advice about issues I have been having with the council who refuse to properly investigate a complaint i have made. In short, several months pregnant in March I had an issue with a waste collection on bin day who said he would help with the bin. On returning down the road, he flipped his middle finger at me, they flashed their hazards and left me standing on the end of the road. this wasn't the first altercation i have had with this collection team who had taken a dislike to my family

This was one of many examples where the waste team had been (deliberately) missing my bin collection and then I have been left without a waste collection. This had happened about 7/8 times in a short period

After losing tolerance after the lastest incident and after several phone calls and complaints i was promised by a waste manager that i would get a £10 refund for all the trouble I had, but could only claim this back at the end of the tax year

Two months later when i pursued this, They then pretended this promise never happened, blaming a person who had left and then also told me that the person in the waste team who had been rude to me had been sacked. (which i felt was unusual to admit to as i thought those sort of things should be confidential).

I then put in a complaint where they pretended to investigate it and wouldn't find in my favour, making out I had lied when the waste manager told me the person concerned had been sacked (i complained that they shouldn't have disclosed this as it broke data protection and said it wasn't sufficient

can i pursue this in any other way as they are now telling me to go to the local govnt ombudsman and not to contact them again!

their arrogance i find appalling and I'm upset at being called a liar!

sounds like you will have to take the complaint to the local government ombudsman as you have exhausted the councils complaints procedure

it may be worth sending a email to your local MP just to highlight the councils actions

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)