Incapacity Benefit Payment Problems

roberto2580
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4345 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am due a payment of Incapacity Benefit on the 23rd July, I have for some time though been receiving it a day early in my Post Office Card Account in my case on a Friday. Yesterday was different however so I called and asked if there was a problem with my payment to be told sorry it wasn't released for payment until Tuesday 17th July.

My calculation of the BACS system would mean that I would still receive it yesterday or am I wrong and the DWP are right that I should get it on Monday. The person I spoke to at the DWP did not fill me with much hope when she said that I should get it Monday, I emphasise should and not definitely will.

The other thing that the advisor said to me which seemed strange is that my payment looked like it had been released later than usual and that she had received calls from some people in a similar predicament. My problem is not that I have to wait until Monday but rather I don't know if I will receive the payment then.

I wonder if there is anybody here that works for the DWP or knows how the payment system works who could give me a bit of advice as to how long it takes from a payment being released to crediting an account.

Thanks.

Edited by roberto2580

I too would like to know how long the clearing time is. My payment was released on Wednesday apparently, I have no idea when this will credit my bank. I have been told that some benefits take 5 days to clear, is this true?