Beware of Completesave voucher when buying from Argos online

johnyg
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4336 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I purchased a lawn mower on line earlier this year and on line you offered me an opportunity to get £15 off my next purchase. I didnt read it very well but that conned me out of £10 which I was very angry about but now I find I have been paying Completesave £10 a month ever since, now £40. For that reason I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANOTHER ITEM EVER FROM ARGOS as you miss lead me when I was buying something from you who until then Trusted.:mad2:

WHy are you seemingly taking to argos and posting on a site that has nothing to do with them?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

argos have basicly agreed to show adverts for a cashback site when you buy an item online

hidden in the small print is the monthly charge for the cashback site

dragged the wife away from this offer a while back - the cash back is in large font, the monthly charge is on the second page of small print

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Where is this offer... I have neither heard or seen anything about it?

{edit}

So its a link to an external site advertised after purchasing, with all detail captured by the third party (i.e its not Argos' T+C but the cash back website?)

Surely your would wonder putting your cc / dc details in as many companies would pay using BACS or Paypal?

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't trust Argos with a bargepole – several times wrong goods sent, abusive staff on telephone unwilling to own up to mistakes and have them sorted, from my experience. They used to be great some fifteen years ago.