Signed for a letter that is not mine

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4320 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

short version:

i signed for a recorded delivery letter that was addressed to my address but it's not for me.

what should i do with it?

just return to sender?

fuller version:

The postman came to my door & handed me his "signing machine"

(pop quiz: what are they really called?)

As he did so, he said, "i've got a lot for you today". (ish)

As i was signing, he was sorting my mail from a pile he must have placed on the floor.

He then handed me three parcels then a few letters and some junk mail ... sorry, important documents.

For something to say, other than the weather, i half jokingly said something like, "what am i signing for?".

He said "the [blue?] parcel & one of the letters".

By now my arms were very full, therefore i was unable to look at any of the items.

I thanked him, we said our goodbyes & i pushed the door closed.

i placed the letters on one side and concentrated on the parcels.

When i looked at the letter i noticed that it was my addy but not my name.

Now i don't know what to do?

I suspect the letter might be about a debt that O2 are harassing me for

(there is a thread about this debt, in short, it's not my debt, it might be someone who lives, or might have lived, about a mile away but O2 insist i report it to the police yet they refuse to show me any documents to support it - any replies in other thread please)

If i'm right, this means they now have a proof of delivery - even if i send it back.

Help please ... asap

tbh, i am really, REALLY worried about this as i have recently contacted whoever it currently is you contact when you think that Trading Standards should be dealing with it.

Regards from sunny Notlob, Lancs UK

Man invented language to satisfy his deep need to complain.

Lily Tomlin

Take it to the Delivery Office, ask them to return to sender. They can scan it back in with their machine. So then when the tracking information is viewed online it will no longer say 'delivered' but rather say 'returned to sender - not at this address' (or words to that effect).

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.