speed credit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2797 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You need to start chargeback proceedings, and supply proof if you can.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

theis was recieved on the 16th

Thank you for your message passed to us from Speed Credit.

We are fully compliant with all necessary laws, legislation and the Office of Fair Trade (OFT) Guidelines.

Our company registration number is 6956396 and our Consumer Credit License Number is 631166 details of which can be verified on the Office of Fair Trade website.

Your current outstanding balance is £354.

On 24.07.12 you will incur the following charges:

£350 recovery fee

£10 missed fee

1 interest charge of £48

which will make your outstanding balance £762.

You must pay either

1) £354 by 23.07.12,

OR

2) £762 by 07.08.12.

If you have any questions please don\'t hesitate to call us on 0843 381 0843.

Failure to make either payment will result in your file being passed to a third party bailiff company who will commence proceedings against you in your local county court.

Yours sincerely,

COLLECTIONS (129)

NORTHERN DEBT RECOVERY

0843 381 0843

NOTICE: The contents of this e-mail are intended for the named addressee only.

It contains information which may be confidential and which may also be privileged. Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to receive for the addressee) you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else. If you received it in error please notify sender immediately and then destroy it.

now this was recieved today

This is a reminder that you committed to pay back your Speed Credit Pay Day Loan* debt.

This debt is now very overdue. We have allowed you to extend the loan as a goodwill gesture.

As part of settling this debt you are committed to paying GBP 144 by 19.07.2012.

In accordance wih the Standard Terms and Conditions you agreed to, we will be automatically taking payment tomorrow as agreed. Please ensure the amount of GBP 144 is available by midnight tonight.

If there are insufficient funds in the account the payment might fail and all charges will IMMEDIATELY become due, ALL back dated interest, penalty fees will be charged.

Recovery Agents will be sent to all addresses we have on file for you in order to obtain payment. Should this also prove unsuccessful we will be liaising with solicitors who will obtain a County Court Judgement against you. Once this is secured we will return with a Warrant of Execution from the County Court and certified Court Bailiffs to seize goods at 9 times the value of what you owe.

IT IS ESSENTIAL you HONOUR this agreement

If you have any questions regarding this, or willbe unable to pay contact customer services NOW.

Yours sincerely,

COLLECTIONS

NORTHERN DEBT RECOVERY

0843 381 0843

It contains information which may be confidential and which may also be privileged. Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to receive for the addressee) you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else. If you received it in error please notify sender immediately and then destroy it.

so really the offered till the 23rd for it to be repaid then choose to just take funds tomorrow anyways

Lets dissect that letter.

We are fully compliant with all necessary laws, legislation and the Office of Fair Trade (OFT) Guidelines.

Theyre obviously not. We and a lot of other people have evidence to counter that. Keep reading for proof.

On 24.07.12 you will incur the following charges:

£350 recovery fee

£10 missed fee

1 interest charge of £48

which will make your outstanding balance £762.

You must pay either

1) £354 by 23.07.12,

OR

2) £762 by 07.08.12.

£350 Recovery fee is classed as an unfair charge and is not enforceable and is there to inflate the debt in an attempt for the creditor to "unjustly enrich" themselves.

The £10 "missed payment" charge is unfair, and is there purely to escalate the debt.

Under OFT guidance on debt collection, they cant demand that payment is made by a certain date under threats of sending it to DCA's or wherever else. This is considered harassment and intimidation.

Failure to make either payment will result in your file being passed to a third party bailiff company who will commence proceedings against you in your local county court.

Yours sincerely,

Again, theyre breaking OFT guidance on debt collection my misleading the debtor into thinking bailiffs will be coming. So much for being fully compliant huh :)

We have allowed you to extend the loan as a goodwill gesture.

Simple get out clause in a vain attempt to make themselves look good. They know they have done wrong, and are trying to shift the blame to you.

In accordance wih the Standard Terms and Conditions you agreed to, we will be automatically taking payment tomorrow as agreed. Please ensure the amount of GBP 144 is available by midnight tonight.

They have no right to say that without your permission and acceptance. Their terms and conditions do not override law or regulation.

If there are insufficient funds in the account the payment might fail and all charges will IMMEDIATELY become due, ALL back dated interest, penalty fees will be charged.

Again a blatant violation of guidance on debt collection.

Recovery Agents will be sent to all addresses we have on file for you in order to obtain payment. Should this also prove unsuccessful we will be liaising with solicitors who will obtain a County Court Judgement against you. Once this is secured we will return with a Warrant of Execution from the County Court and certified Court bailiffs to seize goods at 9 times the value of what you owe.

No they wont. This has already been proven and contested in court, yet they still go with it. Again, theyre not really being compliant.

IT IS ESSENTIAL you HONOUR this agreement

Why? Just because they say so? Repayments are to be made on your terms if you are experiencing financial difficulty. Not theirs.

I sure hope you are getting this to the OFT and trading standards. I would write out a letter of complaint for you to send, but due to prior experience helping other people on here with this company, the letter will just go ignored. Or theyll try to write back in a smart arsed way.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

if you could help with with the letter of complaint to send to northern debt that would be great. Thank you :)

Ive just getting off the phone with halifax about blocking the payment that ndr are gonna try take tonight they said the cant block it but there unsure if theyll refund it due to its with a debt collection agency.

They can block it if they have the merchant name. Theyre talking out of their arse if they say they cant. It being with a DCA has no bearing on if they refund it or not. If a transaction was processed fraudulantly or without the accoutn holders permission you are perfectly entitled to full recompense.

Call them back and say that you want the CPA cancelled as well. Note the time and date of the call, and ask them to record the call as well. This covers you under the ruling in 2009 by the FSA.

They CAN block it. IF every other bank just needs the processing merchants name, im pretty sure halifax can do it too.

You really should have got this phone call recorded or get it in writing.

They CAN block it. IF every other bank just needs the processing merchants name, im pretty sure halifax can do it too.

You really should have got this phone call recorded or get it in writing.

I went into the local halifax branch n they said it can b blocked i told them their telephone banking said it couldnt.so they let me ring them again from the branch and they said as an exception we'll do it for you. So if they can do.it why do they not do it automatically? Even the mainstream banks seem dodgy these days

Thats halifax for you. They didnt do an "exception". There were completely wrong and you proved it.

no all payments will be taken by toothfairy..hope this helps

Thanks gaz.

I got an email off speedcredit today saying i have 24 hours to pay or it gets passed on to a debt collector, thats funny since 3 days ago the said it had all ready been passed and NDR were emailing me, this company just seem utterly pathetic.

ive been hounded by harrassing emails and texts today from NDR all with different total amounts on, the one i found the strangest was this

We have been passed your file by our client Speed Credit t/a Speed Credit Pay Day Loan*. You took a loan with them on 12.06.12. They have made numerous attempts to contact you to arrange repayment and have offered to put you on a more flexible and affordable payment plan. As you have ignored all calls, emails, letters and sms your file has now been passed on to ourselves as well as solicitors.

If you ignore this letter and do not make contact within 5 working days on 0843 381 0843 we will be left no option but to send our Recovery Agents to all addresses we have on file for you in order to obtain payment. Should this also prove unsuccessful we will be liaising with solicitors who are in the process of obtaining a County Court Judgement against you. Once this is secured we will retur n with a Warrant of Execution from the County Court and certified Court Bailiffs to seize goods at 9 times the value of what you owe.

Legal and Recovery fees have been added to your file. Below is a breakdown of what you owe

Loan and Interest £392

Legal Fees £150

Recovery Fees £200

Repayments todate £5

Total £402

These fees may be reduced if contact is made immediately.

WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU CALL US IMMEDIATELY ON 0843 381 0843. We can in certain circumstances put you on a more affordable payment plan but this requires your cooperation. This will freeze the interest and allow you to repay the balance over a more convenient period of time.

We, in conjunction with the Solicitors and the County Court will be pursuing you for the monies that you owe. This debt will only increase the longer you ignore it as interest will carry on accruing and Court fees and Bailiff fees will ultimately be added.

If we do not hear from you within 5 working days you will be visited at all addresses by one of our agents. To stop this please call us today on 0843 381 0843.

If this debt has already been settled please contact us immediately so we can correct your file.

Yours sincerely,

DEBT MANAGER - Greg Campbell

NORTHERN DEBT RECOVERY

0843 381 0843

Is it just me or does 392+200+150 not equal 402 haha, also it says theyve tried to contact me regarding repayment, speed credit have ignored my emails and letters but on this email it shows theyve had my £5 token payment for this month, so how am i not willing to repay?

Has anyone had any dealings with this gregg campbell?

Also ive read about only paying the loan plus a month interest back the loan was orginally £200 and a months interest is £98 so how they calculating the loan and interest at £392?

how long you been dealing with them Gaz? within the past week my debt has been passed to NDR then back to speed credit, how long before i expect the fake bailiff to get involved? do you just keep paying your token payments and its never went as far as a court date? i persume with all the threatening emails theyd be a fool to take anyone to court

Theyre doing the usual thing. Theyre trying to scare yoh into giving money. Get the letter to the oft in a full complaint.

my estate is kind of like that too i often get the wrong mail, from the way i see it they cant send people that much harrassing emails and letters then take someone to court, imagine the amount of evidence of unfair harrassment we;ve all got againist them,my file has been pass back and forth a few times but never reached Marshal hoares yet so i suppsoe im expecting that soon, ive rang CCCS a few times and theyve said let them email and threat as much as they want all they can have off you is what you can afford. i worried about the emails at first but now it doesnt bother me as much. it would be interesting for us to hear from someone thats dealt with them where speed credit have eventually backed down and just taken the token payments.

speed credit should be ashamed of themselves bullying ppl who are in financial difficulties

Edited by tinkerbell_2k12

Also remember that the interest they are charging wont stand up in court if contested. Especially as you are in financial difficulty and are trying to get a repayment plan accepted. They are hiking up the debt to a level where it will become unrepayable. This is in breach of OFT guidance.

Just been reading the last few comments.There is a chance that London Treasury Services will try and empty your account,they are part of the nest of rats.

With regard to Tinkerbell's comment," it would be interesting for us to hear from someone thats dealt with them where speed credit have eventually backed down and just taken the token payments".It happened to me,I decided that I did not want the loan,repaid after 1 day with 2 days interest.They would have nothing of it,saying that I had to pay the interest for the whole duration,£96.The debt got to roughly over £900.After various texts/emails of threats,countdown to when the Bailiff was coming,letter from their solicitor,they finally backed down and closed the loan.Then 2 weeks later,Toothfairy sent me a text asking me if I would like another loan.

I am not defending the company in anyway possible,but they do have a business to run.It is the lies,threats,intimidation and poor communication that angers and upsets people.I honestly think that if the were more approachable and understanding,they would get their loans repaid faster.That is just my opinion.

As Oliver Larholt says on his blog,"There are of course, consequences to defaulting on an unsecured loan, but you are not at risk of losing your valuables".

Regards,John.

Edited by JOHNINYORK

.It is the lies,threats,intimidation and poor communication that angers and upsets people.I honestly think that if the were more approachable and understanding,they would get their loans repaid faster.That is just my opinion.

Exactly, theres no need at all for them to threaten and harrass people, if they were approachable they could have payment plans set up straight away and there would be no need for NDR and marshall hoares to intimate people.

This morning i recieved 2 of these emails 20 mins apart. one for £144 and the other for £192, does this mean theyve tried to take £366 in one day for a loan that was only £200?

They came from speed credit collections but when you look further down the email, it says to pay go on NDR pay now page, but it also includes the bank details for toothfairy/speed credit. Does this not show that they really are a inhouse agency and not a proper debt agency as they do threaten. Also i send them the cancel CPA letter so where it says we may continue to keep tyrying to take payments, no they may not thats against my wishes, theyve had my letter stating im on income support so why would you continue to try taking someones benefit money? Luckily the bank did eventually respect my wishes to have no money at all paid to both NDR and toothfairy. Wonder how many more attempst are made today by them.

You agreed to automatic payments to settle your Speed Credit Pay Day Loan*.

You are aware that these payments are necessary to avoid further charges, recovery and legal action.

You were committed to pay GBP 192 by 26.07.2012.

The following payment of GBP 192 in relation to your loan Speed Credit Pay Day Loan* -has been DECLINED by your bank today.

Your transaction reference is:

Error Code: DECLINED - The supplied expiry date is in the past

This may appear on your statement as a transaction processed by: tf-f or London Treasury Services

Your outstanding balance is GBP 762.

By failing to honour this agreement all charges will immediately become due. Recovery Agents will be sent to all addresses we hav e on file for you in order to obtain payment. Should this also prove unsuccessful we will be liaising with solicitors who will obtain a County Court Judgement against you. Once this is secured we will return with a Warrant of Execution from the County Court and certified Court Bailiffs to seize goods at 9 times the value of what you owe.

It is essential that you honour your commmitment .

You should pay GBP 192 by:

1. going online at http://www.northerndebtrecovery.com and clicking Pay Now;

OR

2. making payment to:

Barclays Bank

Account Number: 93462382

Sort code: 20-50-94

Reference: Use your mobile number as a reference so we can match it correctly

Please ensure that these funds reach us by the end of business.

Note: We reserve the right to contiune to automatically debit your account for the agreed scheduled amount OR the full amount if payment is not received.

If you have already repaid and this is not reflected in the above statement please contact us so we can investigate this further and correct your file.

Kind regards

Speed Credit - Loans Team

t: 084 3381 3381

ïï€ Please consider the environment before you print this email.

NOTICE

The views and opinions expressed in this email may not reflect the views and opinions of any member of Mobile Credit Online Capital Limited. The information contained in this message is confidential and may also be privileged. It is intended only for the addressee named above. The unauthorised use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is strictly prohibited. If you are not the addressee (or responsible for delivery of the message to the addressee), please notify the originator immediately by return message and destroy the original message. This message and any attac hments have been scanned for viruses prior to leaving our network. However, we do not guarantee the security of this message and will not be responsible for any damages arising as a result of any virus being passed on or arising from any alteration of this message by a third party. We may monitor emails sent to and from our network.

Get that letter in a complaint to the oft and trading standards.

ive just recived this email, there well aware im on income support and would not be able to pay £100 a month, there just being plain akward.

You currently owe £762.

We are more than willing to come to a monthly repayment plan with you that will aid you in paying off your loan.

You will be incurring additional interest charges on the 07.08.12.

If you are unable to pay in a one off payment, but you are willing to pay £100 per month starting from this month, we are prepared to FREEZE all interest and charges.

Please confirm the dates that you will be making payment on and whether you wish for us to set this up to take payment automatically?

If you have any questions please don\'t hesitate to call us on 0843 381 0843

Yours sincerely,

COLLECTIONS (147)

NORTHERN DEBT RECOVERY

0843 381 0843

Get a complaint into the pdl and oft. tr and relax to because the absolute most youll have to pay is £1 a month while you are on benefits. The pdls do not like this and thats why they are trying to threaten you for more.

Apparently the greg campbell works on sundays, ive never usually recived emails on a sunday off them but this is what ive recieved

You have still not contacted us regarding your outstanding debt with our client Speed Credit in respect of your Speed Credit Pay Day Loan*.

Please note that:

- all evidence and correspondence will shortly be sent to Solicitors and a case file prepared to be presented to the County Court for Judgement

- expect Recovery Agents to visit all addresses we have on file for you.

- your file is also with Bailiffs who will be pursuing this in conjunction with Solicitors.

We recommend you call immediately as we may be able to freeze any imminent activity on your file and come to a suitable arrangement with you.

You currently owe:

Loan and Interest GBP392

Cash Transmission Fee GBP 5

Missed Payment Fee 1 (day 29) GBP 10

NDR Accept Case File GB P 200

Missed Payment Fee 2 (day 43) GBP 10

Solicitors - Case Preparation GBP 150

Repayments todate GBP5

Total GBP 762

You will be liable for the full amount and further Court fees if you do not contact us immediately on 0843 381 0843.

Yours sincerely,

DEBT MANAGER - Greg Campbell

NORTHERN DEBT RECOVERY

0843 381 0843

they can feel free to go to a solictor because i have plenty of proof of their harrassment and threats and plenty of proof ive informed them of my current situation and have been paying token payments, so feel free do do ur worst greg campbell, i wonder if he is an actual person or just a name they stick on a threatening email.

You NEED to get complaining. If you dont, they will think they have a cash cow. They will hike up the debt with tons of charges (as they are already doing) and hope to get a judgement by default.

ive been putting complaints in, nothings ever come of the ones ive put in with speed credit and NDR they just ignore them, theyve signed for them on recorded delivery. ive complained to OFT, if they know all their going to get in court is £1 token payment are they ever going to back down before then?

If they ignore your complaints, then its more ammunition for you to use against them. As for court, what will most likely happen is once they have seen you intend to fully defend yourself, they will try to settle out of court as they dont want their business practices shown. They recently took someone to court who provided a defense, and the rep they sent managed to settle out of court around 5 mins before they were due to go into the courtroom.