style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4184 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ok lets blow something else out the water

in case you were thinking otherwise

or

just believe what you read on these spoofing websites inc those about DCA's.

there s only one sets of scenario's whereby a bailiffs comes a knocking....

thats when you DONT pay a CCJ/penalty charge notice/magistrates fine or your CTAX.tv license etc etc

the COURT send then..............

NO DCA is a bailiff & NEVER WILL BE,

they have NO LEGAL powers whatsoever - end of!!

dx

So by law, RLP can not send any debt collector or bailiff or anything of that sort to my house?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no bailiffs unless its been to court FIRST and you then fail to pay & it goes back to the court & court send bailiffs. [fat chance it EVER getting there though!]

ANYONE can send a DCA [they are just like you or me, you/we could be one tomorrow] at any time.

but as your cat has more legal rights [as a DCA has NONE WHATSOEVER]

you can safely tell them to go away off and call the police.

and just for good measure for you and the readers

NEVER EVER pay ANYONE [even bailiffs] money on your doorstep.

and

NEVER EVER converse about your debts on the phone to ANYONE , WRITING ONLY!!...put the phone down

you are under NO legal obligation to discuss/pay your debts at your door or on the phone.

dx

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

no bailiffs unless its been to court FIRST and you then fail to pay & it goes back to the court & court send bailiffs. [fat chance it EVER getting there though!]

ANYONE can send a DCA [they are just like you or me, you/we could be one tomorrow] at any time.

but as your cat has more legal rights [as a DCA has NONE WHATSOEVER]

you can safely tell them to go away off and call the police.

and just for good measure for you and the readers

NEVER EVER pay ANYONE [even bailiffs] money on your doorstep.

and

NEVER EVER converse about your debts on the phone to ANYONE , WRITING ONLY!!...put the phone down

you are under NO legal obligation to discuss/pay your debts at your door or on the phone.

dx

dx

My mum will go mad if people start knocking at the door for money haha thanks for all the info though!!

Just out of interest, why never converse on the phone?

they'll say things they will never put in writing.

its all a game to spoof you into paying debts YOU DO NOT OWE.

ps we;ve never know a dca to doorstep on an RLP speculative invioce

we've known 'fake/tame' solicitors to phone before too

dx

• Confused 1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

they'll say things they will never put in writing.

its all a game to spoof you into paying debts YOU DO NOT OWE.

ps we;ve never know a dca to doorstep on an RLP speculative invioce

we've known 'fake/tame' solicitors to phone before too

dx

Arrr I see, I'm only young so never had to deal with anything like debt collection over the phone or anything but that will come in useful for later in life if I ever get them calling!

Well, that's good to hear. What usually happens once people ignore them? Do they eventually just stop writing to you?

eventually

not being funny but your best bet is to read threads

the more you read the stronger we become

dx

and they

eventually

not being funny but your best bet is to read threads

the more you read the stronger we become

dx

Yeah I've read through quite a few now but I guess I just want reassurance haha thanks for all your help. Will update when I get another stupid [edit] letter from them

Edited by dx100uk
behave

just type in

richard dunstan

in our search top right

dx

and they

Correct. An address cannot be blacklisted. IF a court claim were issued and IF they were successful and IF you did not pay the Judgment within 28 days then YOU would receive a CCJ marker on YOUR credit file. This could only affect YOU and anybody financially linked on the credit file (eg a joint bank account holder) not parents with no financial link. Only IF you did not pay the Judgment or arrange to pay by instalments could Bailiffs be instructed.

Precisely why they have put that on their website - to further worry anybody in your position that they should pay up! If you delve a little deeper into their court successes, you will note that there is a mix of employee thefts (easier to persue in Court due to being able to demonstrate losses and proof of guilt through surveillance over a period), Judgments by default, where no defence was put forward, and cases where there was Police involvement - and invariably a successful prosecution. There are also details of the Oxford case, where a robust defence was offered to destroy the Claimant's assertion that what was being claimed was a genuine schedule of loss, and the Judge dismissed the case. RLP's website seems a little light on cases where there was no Police involvement, no prosecution, the goods were recovered and actual losses were non-existent.

Don't be persuaded solely by the fact that they advertise their 'successes' - they don't list the cases where they have written to an individual and have ceased recovery attempts after no response was received - there are a far greater number of those than there have been court cases!

and of course don't forget that many tens of thousands of 'demands' have been sent out, the majority of which result in no payment being received by RLP...on the RLP site there are only a handful of cases and most are shrouded in mystery, the only proper documented case is the Oxford one and we all know the outcome there.

Andy

and of course don't forget that many tens of thousands of 'demands' have been sent out, the majority of which result in no payment being received by RLP...on the RLP site there are only a handful of cases and most are shrouded in mystery, the only proper documented case is the Oxford one and we all know the outcome there.

Andy

Cheers mate. Just worried that either a) I'll have to go court and pay more or B) Debt collectors start knocking on the door, in which case my mum will go mad. But both of these are highly unlikely, right?

Sorry to be a pest, but I'm still not sure what's best to do? Shall I just ignore them or write a letter denying any liability to them or their clients? I just read through the "My son was sacked from Tesco.." thread and it seems he's had a lot of grief from phonecalls and DCA's etc..

in terms of aggro

i think it matters not whichever way you decide to go.

you'll still get it

dx

and they

My mum will go absolutely mad if I have people phoning the house/knocking on the house asking for me/money though. I might let them send a few more letters then offer to pay a reduced sum, a VERY reduced sum. Not a chance am I paying £88 when there was no loss whatsoever to Tesco

just be clear..

you pay ANYTHING they'll comeback for more!!

once they've found a mug, they dont let go

dx

and they

just be clear..

you pay ANYTHING they'll comeback for more!!

once they've found a mug, they dont let go

dx

It's either that or have my mum throw me out or something if they come/phone the house. She won't believe that I don't HAVE to pay it, so when it gets further down the line to the point of DCA's or court cases she won't be happy whatsoever

well its about time you can clean then.

you wont be the first either on here

tuns out ok in the end

dx

and they

well its about time you can clean then.

you wont be the first either on here

tuns out ok in the end

dx

She knows about the letter now, she read it but she said pay it. I was suspicious so I googled it, ended up here, found out they are fraudsters and told her that I don't legally have to pay and she wasn't happy, so I can only imagine how she'l react when people start knocking/ringing

show her this thread and the forum

she'll be ok

dx

and they

No-one will come knocking at your house, it just isnt cost effective, DCA's cant add on any extra money so they are not gonna employ someone/drives miles/spent lots on petrol for money which they have no legal power to collect anyway, a bailiff is in a different position but they are only used only if there has been a succesful court case/judgment/enforcement.

A DCA is no different to you or I, If I wrote to you asking for money and threatening to phone/call at your house would you pay me ?/.. i hope not, there is no difference.

The advice given here (and many other sites & organisations such as CAB) is that there appears to be no legal right to claim damages for incidente or alleged incidents of low cost shoplifting therefore the advice remains not to pay.

Personally i find it rather odd that you are worried about your mum's recation to an invalid claim for damages yet you were happy enough to steal and that could bring far worse consequences.

Andy

No-one will come knocking at your house, it just isnt cost effective, DCA's cant add on any extra money so they are not gonna employ someone/drives miles/spent lots on petrol for money which they have no legal power to collect anyway, a bailiff is in a different position but they are only used only if there has been a succesful court case/judgment/enforcement.

A DCA is no different to you or I, If I wrote to you asking for money and threatening to phone/call at your house would you pay me ?/.. i hope not, there is no difference.

The advice given here (and many other sites & organisations such as CAB) is that there appears to be no legal right to claim damages for incidente or alleged incidents of low cost shoplifting therefore the advice remains not to pay.

Personally i find it rather odd that you are worried about your mum's recation to an invalid claim for damages yet you were happy enough to steal and that could bring far worse consequences.

Andy

Would you recommend ignoring them completely or writing to them with the one liner?

Yeah I'm not proud of it, I'd had a few drinks and it was a stupid mistake but my mum would literally kill me if people started knocking on the house for money and stuff, especially after I told her I'm not paying it, she'll think I just didn't want to pay it, rather than me not actually having to.

sorry but we dont know......

your choice...........

one thing we do know though

eitherway you'll get the calls and letters

never had anyone doorstep.

dont know what else to say to you........

49 posts, still the same questions being asked..

dx

and they