esa.....clocks ticking..help

jacchris
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4345 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I was made unemployed in oct 2011 and began receiving ESA assesment rate. I was then given an appointment for Jan 2012 for Glasgow atos for capability assessment, i called to reschedule appointment as no friends or family free that day to accompany me/provide support etc and was advised a new appointment would be sent in post.

I received new appointment time for April 2012 and unfortunately finally received an appointment for same time day for the psychiatrist my gp had referred me to. I was advised by Atos that If i rescheduled again my claim for ESA would end so I had to opt for the wca over my own mental health and cancelled psychiatry app and was advised new app time to arrive in post????

By April I was struggling to talk to friends, leave my bedroom never mind my house and was lost in hopelessness but with the help of my parents I attended the asesment centre and after an hour of hell waiting surrounded by people I was advised at 14.00 that unfortunately due to an unexpected high number of claimants that day they wouldn't be able to assess me that day until because they were to busy and advised atos had no option but to reimburse me for my travel expenses and sent be home....advising new appointment time to come in post in next 2 days??? I advised i would need at least 7 days between receiving app time and actual said app time to find friend or family who would be free to bring me back to assessment centre.

I received an appointment 3 days prior to actual app?????? no body's free to take me and i phoned atos and explained, nice woman on phone apologised for short notice and assured new app time will arrive in post.

Its now July, still no psychiatry app and still now app for assessment centre.

Living off £61.00 p/w and don't have a clue what to do. who do i complain to? Will my claim stop in Oct even though ive not had assesment?

please help x

complain to rATOS, DWP your MP and anyone else you can think of....your claim will not stop in october...it wont be sorted until you have had an assessment...so wouldnt worry bout that bit...you will remain on assessment rate until they get their brain in gear and you are put in wrag, support, or told like most of us to get a job....best of luck