Extension for leave to remain in the UK

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4338 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Folks,

I would like guidance and how I can help a work colleague, who is out of pocket by £750.

My colleague applied for same day service “POE” premium service, for a Visa extension, but due to the unavailability of the UK BA IT system, they were unable to progress the application on the same day and actually took about 4 weeks to process. This is a similar time-frame as if he and his wife applied for the normal postal application service.

The fee is £1000 for UK BA postal service

The premier service is £1500

The difference between the premier service and the postal one is £750 for both of them. Understandably, my colleague called the UK BA customer service about this, who advised my colleague that because his application was not processed the same day (“POE” premium service) that he can claim the difference back and that this could be done via post.

My colleague has sent a letter explaining the above and asking for the appropriate refund, as instructed by the UK BA customer service, however, nobody has responded to this after approximately 3 weeks (not even a courtesy note advising it is being investigated). My colleague has researched this and has spoken to others in a same predicament AND circumstances, who are also awaiting responses.

Please could anyone advise on how my colleague can pursue his refund and where does he stand on this as it seems a clear failure to provide the services paid for.

Regards,

Master Sun SAID:

Ultimate Excellence Lies Not in Winning Every Battle

But In Defeating the Enemy Without Ever Fighting.8-)

Would you believe it, my friend received a letter from UK Border Agency.

"Unfortunately a refund would not be appropriate when you choose to make a premium application you pay for consideration of the application and there is no guarantee a final decision will be made on the day"

There is a guidance information on the UKBA website that apparently makes it clear, thanks anyway...

Master Sun SAID:

Ultimate Excellence Lies Not in Winning Every Battle

But In Defeating the Enemy Without Ever Fighting.8-)