Quickie regarding Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4300 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks for reading.

After reviewing a recent copy of my credit report I realised that Halifax defaulted me on an old current account back in Nov 2010. I did not receive a default notice and was paying £15.00 per month as agreed by letter from them (a copy of which I have) stating that a £15.00 a month would be acceptable for 12 months dated 10th April 2010.

I received no further mail from them and continued to pay £15.00 a month until March of this year where I paid the remaining £105 to pay it off.

Accept I was some 12 months over their review date but they defaulted me within our formal agreement arrangement.

I want to write to Halifax - any idea of best person/department to write to? Ultimately I'd like this default removed - what are the chances of this do you think?

Many thanks.

Write to Halifax asking why they have registered a default on your credit record, without sending a default notice. Request that they remove the default from your credit record, as you believe that without issuing the default notice first, they should not have added the default to your credit record.

See what they say. They may send you a copy of the default notice that they sent to you.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 1 month later...

Just a quick update. I sent a letter to them asking this which was ignored (waited a month) although I accept it might have been lost in post. I then sent same letter, this time recorded delivery a couple of weeks ago. How long do you think I should wait for a reply before using their complaints procedure?

Post doesn't get lost, it WAS ignored by shallowfax.

Cause for a strongly worded complaint, exhaust their complaints procedure, I despise this particular bank, and am laughing at them for their pathetic attempt to 'help' me when I needed it, back at ya shallowfax, who's laughing now?

There's no time like now, to enter their complaints procedure.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!