CMC/Data Protection Act

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4339 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I made a claim for PPI through a company, I was claiming against one loan only. I filled out the claim form in my name only and signed the consent/bank authority form. my husband was not mentioned on the claim form, neither did he sign the consent form.

When I received the offer from my bank, they had based the amount on all loans dating back to 2003. They sent a breakdown of the amounts awarded for each loan including the loans my husband took out in his name only. Unknown to me, the bank then passed this information to the Claims Management Company. As my husband did not make a claim through this company and did not give his consent for any information regarding his loans to be released to a third party, are the bank guily of breaching the Data Protection Act?

In addition to this the company are now expecting me to pay them a fee based on the total amount and not just against the one item I had claimed for, are they allowed to do this as my husband did not give his consent?

i would say NO

and quite honestly DUMP them too.

you'll be losing +30% of the money to the CMC

if you let them have it.

ico is the people to complain to about your hubbys data breach.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

my house mate is in a similar position with one of these companies atm - before she realised how simple it was to do herself and as part of a DMP she used this company to look at ppi on the loans within the DMP. None of these had ppi and she knows that for a fact, however in the process the original lender paid back on a settled loan they claims company were not asked to look at.

She sent them a lovely letter informing them that as she had not asked them to investigate anything other than the three accounts specified on the form they sent to her she viewed their efforts on this successful one as a kind and generous act on their part but did not feel obliged to pay them since she had not instructed them to carry the workout. It's all quiet right now, but no doubt it will start again at some point