Comet mis-selling (again?)

Nobull
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4253 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently visited local Comet store, enquired about Bose home cinema systems and was shown a Companion 3. At no time did the salesperson say the Companion 3 was not a home cinema system so I bought one, got it home and it wouldn't work with my tv. Went onto the Bose website and discovered that what I had been sold as a 'home cinema' system is actually marketed by Bose as computer speakers.

Took it back to the store for a refund on the basis that I had been mis-sold a product that wasn't what I wanted but they refused to give me a refund stating that the product was 'Multi-media', the package had been opened and it worked fine in the store. (a. Multi-media does not translate to home cinema system, b. how could I have determined that it didn't work as expected without opening it, c. what good is it to me if it does work in store, that's not where I would want to use it even if it was a home cinema system?)

Have written to Comet twice so far and they have basically refused to accept responsibility for providing an after-sales service of any description.

See contributor 'Marwan' had similar problem in April this year. Will try his tactics next and write to MD!

Hi nobull

Welcome to CAG

How did you pay for it? If you paid for it by Credit Card or Visa Debit, contact your card provider, ask to do a Chargeback.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/sale-of-goods/your-rights-when-paying-by-credit-card/chargeback-on-credit-and-debit-cards/

If you can't do a Chargeback, Write a Formal Letter of Complaint , mark it as such.

Explain whats happened, how they have let you down and what you want them to do.

Send it to:-

Bob Darke, Managing Director

bob.darke@comet.co.uk

Some tips:- http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...complaint.html

Have a read of 12 and 13 in my signaturelink3.gif.

Please let us know how your problem has been resolved, it could help fellow Caggers.

Thread has been moved to the correct forum.

• 2 months later...
I recently visited local Comet store, enquired about Bose home cinema systems and was shown a Companion 3. At no time did the salesperson say the Companion 3 was not a home cinema system so I bought one, got it home and it wouldn't work with my tv. Went onto the Bose website and discovered that what I had been sold as a 'home cinema' system is actually marketed by Bose as computer speakers.

Took it back to the store for a refund on the basis that I had been mis-sold a product that wasn't what I wanted but they refused to give me a refund stating that the product was 'Multi-media', the package had been opened and it worked fine in the store. (a. Multi-media does not translate to home cinema system, b. how could I have determined that it didn't work as expected without opening it, c. what good is it to me if it does work in store, that's not where I would want to use it even if it was a home cinema system?)

Have written to Comet twice so far and they have basically refused to accept responsibility for providing an after-sales service of any description.

See contributor 'Marwan' had similar problem in April this year. Will try his tactics next and write to MD!

Did you ever get this resolved? I have exactly the same problem. I even rang Bose and they agreed it is not designed for that purpose.

Which store was it?

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar